sbg  

RC4WD
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GCM CrossCanyon JK 1.9 Trail Truck

Default GCM CrossCanyon JK 1.9 Trail Truck

Well, after trying 1.9's on the white Jeep and not liking it at all, (see this thread) I decided to go for a dedicated 1.9 build and keep the JK look and the CrossCanyon chassis setup, but make it ACTUALLY work (and still crawl!) Here's the painted body and basic setup. Still need to finetune the suspension/shocks, and get the electrics into it, but otherwise it's all there, and will stay as you see it. Scale goodies, decals, and real mud to follow.

Oddly enough, it's actually got 1/8th inch MORE center clearance than the 2.2 rig...Hmm...

Bodywerx Guest

Chris, That looks simple awesome!

I am glad you could make it work better than me. I love the red.... I just did not have the nuts to cut up the interior.

The extra clearance is because the Axial shocks are longer than the Traxxas ones.

I think you should cut the top to the fast back version

Thanks, Dave!
    Anyone make a soft top for this?

Code454 Guest

looks good, did you still use the same chassis or changed it up for this one,looks like it will be fun

Yah, kept the CrossCanyon frame, same ax-10 understuff and now it's a rooster crawler and 55t. we'll see how that goes, might be back to the 24v johnson like the 2.2 rig..

Code454 Guest

Cool, i like the simplicity of it

JasonC Guest

Great build Chris, I started at the bottom of this thread and started reading up and I was thinking you just painted the white body red, and then there was the white one too. One of those beasts need some bumpers!

What kind of changes in setup did you make between the 2.2 and the 1.9?

Thanks for the comments, the suspension on the 1.9 is axial shocks on full droop/internal spring, and 101 bent links all around, some trimming for sizing the WB. It's more of a laydown-shock setup than the 2.2, which is totally upright shocks and traxxas big bores. Other changes are a cool across-the-frame battery tray behind the dash, and a hinged rear body mount that keeps the body there all the time. Neat body posts installed on the front that clip into the rails underneath, so you can access the whole frame/underside in a minute. Much of this setup came that way when I (recently) re-acquired this partly assembled from bodywerx (above) who was on the scaler mission also, and now doing another build.
    I'm happy to have the JK in the stable again, and will post some more on the suspension when I get it tuned more and get some additional pics.
    I did a charcoal-leather sortof interior color scheme, and I'm doing the dash details right now. Hoping for more detail than the 2.2 rig.

some sunshine shots of the twins:
    You can sneak a peak of the spur gear between the seats of the redhead...

got some really goooood goodies yesterday....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast