sbg  

RPP Axial 2018
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good platforms for rally?

Quote Originally Posted by racefanTX View Post
    Exceptional information is available about these kind of boards. Thanks folks.
    Nipped that in the bud.

Good time to revive the thread though. So many electric rally options right now. Rally Legends, Tamiya XV-01, Kyosho DRX VE, HPI WR8.

I really like the Kyosho but kind of waiting to see how the XV-01 lives up to the hype.

some nice options out on the horizon though.
    www.wolfcreekrcpark.com

Here's a new one I just saw. They are expecting you to run it on 4s though. IT looks like a revised 1/8 buggy actually.

Thunder Tiger RTR ER-4 Mini Cooper Countryman

Powered by a BLC-80C ESC and Ripper IBL40 2000kv brushless motor
    Precision-milled 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
    Lightweight suspension arms with fully adjustable ride height
    Fully adjustable pivot ball system for easy toe, camber and caster tuning
    Four oversized oil-filled shock absorbers with 16 mm diameter pistons
    Equipped with front/center/rear metal gear differentials
    A Cougar P3 3-channel 2.4GHz radio system offers interference-free control
    Pre-painted body and rear wing
    Specifications:

Length: 21.25 in (540 mm)
    Width: 12.2 in (310 mm)
    Wheelbase: 13 in (330 mm)
    Height: 7.9 in (200 mm)
    Weight: 7.7 lb (3.5 kg)

The 1/8 Scale Mini Cooper Countryman Rally Car will be available early October.

TTRD7021 ER-4 1/8 Mini Cooper Countryman Rally Car RTR $469.99

Quote Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
    Nipped that in the bud.

Good time to revive the thread though. So many electric rally options right now. Rally Legends, Tamiya XV-01, Kyosho DRX VE, HPI WR8.

I really like the Kyosho but kind of waiting to see how the XV-01 lives up to the hype.

some nice options out on the horizon though.

Just my two cents brother, I have a few rally cars, a Legend, a XV-01 and the DRX-VE.
    The XV-01 is a fine car a little shock change out has helped alot, the Legend I'm still messing with but has potential, both being 1/10 makes it challenging to say the least without a groomed track. That's also part of the lure, to get them to work.
    The DRX-VE is flat out a blast to drive! The 1/9 scale seems perfect size. It handles a rough course thru the woods like a champ that the other two would get tossed around on.
    I've been asked by a couple of our club members, if they could purchase just one car which would I recommend and I didn't hesitate at all and said hands down the Kyosho.

For the sake of price, body options, and to keep the size proportionate, those of us who run in this area use 1:10 touring cars.
    It's also my opinion that the fun (realism) lies in getting a road car to perform 'off road'.
    I use an old modified HPI Sprint2 (probably the least attractive candidate for rallying) and I love it!

I've been looking for a rally type body for an hpi trophy truck but I'm not having any luck finding a fit. It's a little heavy but I think it would be a good candidate as a rally car. Any thoughts on a body?
    I find myself converting many of my cars to rally......I'm feeling rally crazy!

I have a TC4 that hasn't been getting any use lately so time to repurpose it. I don't think the chassis itself will need much other than rally tires, possibly some inner fenders, and maybe something around the pinion/spur.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukk View Post
    I have a TC4 that hasn't been getting any use lately so time to repurpose it. I don't think the chassis itself will need much other than rally tires, possibly some inner fenders, and maybe something around the pinion/spur.
    I have a few tc4s here too. My brother converted one a while back and seemed to get some incredible travel out of the suspension. I now own that one he shaved out, although it's in pieces at the moment.

I run a Team Losi xxxs, aka Losi Drift R.

Here's another one, a 1/10 scale offering from Traxxas, #7407 (although it measures about 1/8th scale in comparison to the other 1/10 cars out there)

It uses SC truck style of rims, with the dual diameter rim, and it's essentially a slash 4x4 with a new chassis and lid. Same towers and everything.
    In comparison to the kyosho DRX Rally, this Traxxas rally has a significantly larger tire... like it's actually 15mm diameter larger than my Kyosho. Being a slash 4x4 it's also 1.5 inches wider! than the Kyosho, so it's a pretty large vehicle.

My funny-car gave me a little hope for Traxxas but apparently they still know how to make a completely disproportionate and butt-ugly car. Fun little basher vid though.

"completely disproportionate"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast