sbg  

RC4WD
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-build..Jeep to Cross Canyon 2.2

Default Re-build..Jeep to Cross Canyon 2.2

This will be my first as-it-goes build thread, and I'm hoping to make some major improvements with this truck. I'm starting with this:

Build thread

and it's getting a total overhaul.
    First the body. Off to Bodywerx in Ottawa for some pro-work. (primer so far) I hear it was some serious hours of sanding to get it right, but it's coming along nicely.

and it's going to a new Cross Canyon 2.2 scaler frame from GCM.

As you now, I started the Wrangler-10 on a great chassis, the X-trail from TCS. The thing was perfect for the ax-10 gear, but it did not match up to the Jeep body in a couple of ways, and I added some new geometry mounting holes for the rear links, so... off to the design board, and here we are. The Cross Canyon frame rails are designed to take the AX-10 gear directly and match perfectly for a full or partial droop setup.
    This build will get traxxas aluminum shocks, medium strength internal springs and 35wt oil for a full droop. All the old AX-10 aluminum will be stripped and cleared for a nice clean metal look from inside to outside. I'll black anodize the frame rails also.

Trying to decide if I should keep the awesome hammers or get a more scale tire. I can't sacrifice grip at all though, as I run this truck on the rocks, and it's got to keep performing.
    More next week as I keep going.
    Last edited by generis; 03-10-2009 at 07:37 AM.

Aszor Guest

Is this chassis for sale? Looks like it would be real good! Great looking build so far!

Yes, we will sell them. Looking at aroud 3 or 4 weeks for it to be added to the shopping page.

The paint is done now:

Really nice job, and for a driver, it's a bit too nice.. time for assembly and some mud!

freakos Guest

nice project !! the paint turned out really good !! What kind did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Yes, we will sell them. Looking at aroud 3 or 4 weeks for it to be added to the shopping page.

The paint is done now:

Really nice job, and for a driver, it's a bit too nice.. time for assembly and some mud!
    That looks amazing...I'll be sure to get a decal made up for the rear when the next order goes in to Gidney. Might look cool on the front fenders also? This is one of the best color combo's I've seen on the JK bodies...WILL SHOW MUD GOOD TOO!

The frame looks like a winner to me, I think mine will be going into the Unglewd II project.
    Great work Chris

Quote Originally Posted by freakos View Post
    nice project !! the paint turned out really good !! What kind did you use?
    a painter. I'm paint stupid, and Bodywerx paint is not, really nice guy and great painter. He said it's automotive paint, and I know it's cleared, so should be a long lasting job. I hear painting over the red was brutal.

POLL: Should I use the red rock rings (on it now), silver, polished, orange, black or a whole different wheel?

Jester Guest

How long is that chassis?

Too many stock Axial wheels out there...my vote is for a new style wheel or at least different rings.
    Create a Crawler has some wicked new stuff coming out...super prices too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    How long is that chassis?
    Hiya. It's 17.625 long and it has the option of lopping off a half inch on each end with no real effects.

Jester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Hiya. It's 17.625 long and it has the option of lopping off a half inch on each end with no real effects.
    Thanks for the info

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast