sbg  

RPP October
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: JS Scale Range Rover Classic Hard Body

I'm not a huge RR fan but man you guys sure nailed this one! Got me thinking I need one!

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    My latest revision makes it way more better:

Totally agree! They certainly look the part, nice touch. Earlier Rostyle might be more appropriate, especially if someone was to build out a 1981 Paris-Dakar winning RRC... hmm.

What are the specifics on the wheel, rim setup?

- RRC Vogue style rims, 1.7, 1.9 ? Look to be 3D printed.

- Tire size, brand, Mickey Thompson MTZ 1.9?

This size looks like a good compromise between keeping it understated (proper Land Rover), but would still work well on the trail. Maybe a tick smaller in diameter. Similar to your previous RRC 4-Door build (which is over the top über cool). TIA

Cheers, Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by studioRS View Post
    Totally agree! They certainly look the part, nice touch. Earlier Rostyle might be more appropriate, especially if someone was to build out a 1981 Paris-Dakar winning RRC... hmm.

What are the specifics on the wheel, rim setup?

- RRC Vogue style rims, 1.7, 1.9 ? Look to be 3D printed.

- Tire size, brand, Mickey Thompson MTZ 1.9?

This size looks like a good compromise between keeping it understated (proper Land Rover), but would still work well on the trail. Maybe a tick smaller in diameter. Similar to your previous RRC 4-Door build (which is over the top über cool). TIA

Cheers, Thompson
    There's a lot of development to come. I need to have the body in hand on the chassis I'm using in order to make sure it'll work for the masses. It's proper to scale for a 1/9th build, as this body is almost perfectly that scale. 3D printed on a Tevo Tornado for prototyping, will be offered on Shapeways when they're finalized.

I'll share all details once they're ready.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234