sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Race Tractor tribute build

Great to be a part of this build : )

Cool! First post here. I've been working on this build as well and lurking around, wondering why I hadn't seen anyone else building the Racetractor. I look forward to seeing the rest of your build!

bit more progress

Sorted out some extra rear bracing

Welded in some tubing to the skids that the twin batteries will sit on

Headlight brackets soldered on

Permanent front shock hoops tabbed and welded on

Brackets added for fuel cell and rear radiator

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Carnitas View Post
    Cool! First post here. I've been working on this build as well and lurking around, wondering why I hadn't seen anyone else building the Racetractor. I look forward to seeing the rest of your build!

Thanks
    @ScaleBuilt on Instagram

Seriously bad ass build! Love the fab work and being based on a 1:1 "Tribute" build, it reminds me of a couple Trophy Rat scale builds. Looks awesome so far!

Quote Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
    Seriously bad ass build! Love the fab work and being based on a 1:1 "Tribute" build, it reminds me of a couple Trophy Rat scale builds. Looks awesome so far!
    Thanks - I've definitely been a follower of your previous builds and LOVE the trophy Rat !
    @ScaleBuilt on Instagram

only a small update today

The Race Tractor seems to be pretty minimal for lighting on the rear side, but it's got a single lamp in the middle of the rear roll hoop. Managed to find something similar looking in my box of led stuff so brazed on a stainless bracket for it

Also finalised the body mounts.

Bonded a couple of rare earth ring magnets to the inside of the front hood / bonnet and these lower down onto a thin sheet steel plate that runs between the front shock hoops, and the sheet has a couple of sticky up tangs that locate themselves in the centre hole of the ring magnets when the body is lowered down. Then for the rear of the body I've soldered on a 90 degree piece of sheet steel that kind of cups the back of the body. Hopefully it ends up being pretty solid.
    @ScaleBuilt on Instagram

lots of little things sorted out now.

Battery trays are now both done and nicely hold 2 x 2200mah 3S lips securely with a velcro strap.

Soldered on a couple of tabs to the back also that will house a couple of small tail lights I had left over from a Defender build.

The Race Tractor has a Jaz Products fuel cell in the back

so I've repurposed and detailed an Axial RR10 Bomber fuel cell.

Painted it up and detailed the straps / bolt heads.

then drew up on illustrator a mini Jaz Products decal and printed it out.

I've also drawn up on the computer scale versions of decals that are on the 1:1 truck - so they'll be next up on the vinyl printer

@ScaleBuilt on Instagram

So
    I’ve started the painting and weathering.

All painted on the exterior

Base coat of silver Tamiya lexan paint
    Bit of liquid mask

Followed by various shades of greens / blues / blacks / turquoise Tamiya TS paints
    Creative use of a sponge, and then a few different washes and then applied the stickers I made.

Painted up the RC Nerds 3D printed grille

Then spent some time applying a variety of Vallejo and Tamiya pigment effects

@ScaleBuilt on Instagram

Man the decals turned out great! Really sets it off. I have a friend with a vinyl cutter but wasn't looking forward to drawing them up. Let me know if you're interested in selling a set!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast