sbg  

RPP VS4 2018
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Manitou FJ55

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    Update, USPS appears to have lost the package. I have a postal inspector friend and he says it was lost at the originating post office.

Awesome.
    :( That let you time to prepare the body for painting..!
    I personally sand them before applying the first lay of primer. The goal is to sand less after and to save expensive "Fileur" (as we say in French) spray can...

Friends in the right places this time....package was found. Having it sent my way either today or monday. Woohoo!

Teddy,

Agreed on the sanding first. I started with 400 but may go down to 320ish and get the rough stuff gone then work my way up. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    Friends in the right places this time....package was found. Having it sent my way either today or monday. Woohoo!

Teddy,

Agreed on the sanding first. I started with 400 but may go down to 320ish and get the rough stuff gone then work my way up. Thank you!
    320 isnít hard enough for the first layers imho. You have to get the majority of the stepping out - 180 or lower is my suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used 80 grit. Chew those lines off.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Woohoooooo!!

Tiny Truck parts have been located and delivered!

Thanks GCM!

I'll go 80. Thanks MrNoob.

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    I used 80 grit. Chew those lines off.
    Did you play with acetone at all? I'm having some good results brushing acetone on to smooth and lessen the amount of sanding on some test pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
    Did you play with acetone at all? I'm having some good results brushing acetone on to smooth and lessen the amount of sanding on some test pieces.
    I thought so after watching some videos of the acetone bath to smooth parts. I have some acetone I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
    I thought PLA was impervious to acetone?
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Family in town so only so much got done this weekend, but the CMAX worked out perfectly. Leaf sprung and length all good. Love it! Thanks GCM.

Body resting on tires and cell phone so don't judge me too harshly. I like my cars low but not my trucks.

Yes, I covered my cruiser tires to keep the mean sun from rotting them. $18 on Ebay so why not.?

Also a big Thank You and shout out to new2rocks as his assembly instructions were a great guide since this is my first CMAX build.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast