sbg  

GearHead
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Manitou FJ55

Quote Originally Posted by avgatbest View Post
    Doesn’t exactly answer the question. I guess someone here will have to actually demonstrate that it does actually work for these bodies. If it does, could be a big deal.
    We'll know soon enough when my bodies arrive. Now back to GTR's thread.....is it done yet?

Haha only a bit done. Waiting on some Shapeways parts, so it'll be sanding this weekend.

Guys,

I'm not sure the vapor smoothing is going to work well for PLA either. Also, you run the risk of deforming the parts when you vapor smooth them. Particularly the joining areas might not work as designed if they get deformed. Just another point of reference.
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

So instead of huffing acetone fumes or what have you, I followed MrNoob's advice and went 80 grit. So I've been huffing plastic dust for 2 afternoons. I'm happy with where it's at. Going to add some filler to a few little spots where the plastic printed oddly, or just missed, then prime with some high build primer. A few more hours of huffing dust and it should be ready for paint.

Waiting on a couple more Shapeways parts to finalize the body mounting to the chassis.

Going with a Holmes Brushed setup that I forgot I had. I do need to measure and order driveshafts. I wish the cool realistic ones were in stock at RC4wd. They look neat-O.

Thanks for following along. Painted pictures soon, I hope.

That upper picture maybe didn't resize too well. That body line is baby-butt smooth in reality. Damn you interweb.

look good

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456