sbg  

RPP Cross 2018

Thread: China Jeep 2dr - Lights?

Default China Jeep 2dr - Lights?

Hi,
    I am installing a China 2dr Jeep body on a more roadworthy Jeep... and also use the stock plastic bumpers on this model.
    I will install a fully functional light kit.

But now I am doing really hard to find, what light ist what.
    Is this China Jeep body "artificial" or made following a real Jeep?

Searching the internet I do not really find results, there are so many different ones; is there a difference between American and Europe versions?

Could a Jeep guy please tell me which lights are used for what and which colour?

There are:
    • Headlights - ok, easy, warm white or not?
    • Front bumper lights have clear lenses and are what? Turning lights? Orange or red? Lens clear or red lens or orange lens? Clear lens and red or orange LED?
    • Fender turning lights are painted in orange; will install LEDs - orange or red?
    • Back lights are half red, half white (I have painted all red in my first Offroad Jeep). Is this correct? I will probably install 2 LEDs into each bucket. Backlight red, what will also be breaking light. The white part, is this the reversing light? Or is this the back turning light with white lens (and red or orange? light).
    • Back bumper light: Has red lenses. Is this the turning light? In red or orange?
    • Breaking light on top of the spare tire ok.

Headlights and tire-breaking light are easy - but everything else I do not know how it should be.

Thanks for your explanations!

Walter

you can search YouTube. Maybe you can see

found an example

Thank you!

They seem to use white or orange glass for the front turning lights; well, meanwhile I finished the body lights and have let them red with orange LEDs (light is nicely orange), and made the fender turning lights with orange painted lexan. Maybe I will change to "orange all" and no red.

Walter.