sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SUV time! CMAXX stuff

Why strip the white off? Well because im macho! Haha, yeah going with the macho paint scheme on this - was this sactioned by dodge or just something some guy did? I dont know but I freaking love it and im gonna do my best to pull it off

output1 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

output by sgtbforza, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

The Macho Power Wagons were factory options, and the coolest Dodge trucks ever in my opinion.
    Here's some pictures and information on them:
    http://machopowerwagon.com/jmnruf/macho_index.html

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tcanin00 View Post
    Why strip the white off? Well because im macho! Haha, yeah going with the macho paint scheme on this - was this sactioned by dodge or just something some guy did? I dont know but I freaking love it and im gonna do my best to pull it off

output1 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

output by sgtbforza, on Flickr
    The Macho Power Wagons were factory options, and the coolest Dodge trucks ever in my opinion.
    Here's some pictures and information on them:
    http://machopowerwagon.com/jmnruf/macho_index.html

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Totally agree on the cool factor! I question it because as far as I can tell it was a W150 option and not a ramcharger option and this one image is the only time I've seen this color combo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Totally agree on the cool factor! I question it because as far as I can tell it was a W150 option and not a ramcharger option and this one image is the only time I've seen this color combo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    I see what you're saying now. It wouldn't be be too hard to clone the Macho trim over to a Ramcharger. I thought about doing to an '85 pick up, but painted it black since that was the original color and sold it before I got too carried away

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Cool 4Runner.
    Sorry I missed this! Thanks man, as 4runners go this one isnt bad

So, I tried to push the lightweight envelope even further and it returned a subpar result

20180706_115502 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

At this point I decided that what was here wasnt worth saving - best to start over, and best to go back to what I know, and do what worked so well on the chevy. Thats not to say I still cant push the envelope - I went with super low mass ribs this time

20180708_221730 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Made a noticeable difference, enough to do a whole side of the truck isnt even enough to register on my scale

20180708_215925 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Gave us a pre-skin weight of 4oz, not too shabby!

20180708_225707 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

and I think it looks cool

20180708_224035 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

20180708_225814 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Holy crap! 1st, love the grill, you've got some seriously steady hands Donnie! 2nd, that build technique even as a second attempt is seriously cool, much like aircraft building, truss like sub supports, light weight and it does look bad ass!!!! Going to be a very cool Toyo-Macho-Charger!

Loving the efforts and skills into this.
    Looking forward to more.
    Keep it coming.
    Ive started a couple in the past only to move on cause their so round.
    Learning lots here.
    You'll get it, stay the path.
    Run what Ya Brung.

Quote Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
    Holy crap! 1st, love the grill, you've got some seriously steady hands Donnie! 2nd, that build technique even as a second attempt is seriously cool, much like aircraft building, truss like sub supports, light weight and it does look bad ass!!!! Going to be a very cool Toyo-Macho-Charger!
    Thanks Scott! I really appreciate it, it is definitely a time intensive way to approach it though, hopefully I can get an update posted monday

Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Loving the efforts and skills into this.
    Looking forward to more.
    Keep it coming.
    Ive started a couple in the past only to move on cause their so round.
    Learning lots here.
    You'll get it, stay the path.
    Thanks for the encouragement! Seems like it is a lot more round than I thought it was when I started the build, it looks deceptively simple at first glance haha

Amazing work so far - can't wait to see this finished. Keep up the great work!!
    Donít sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things!

Quote Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
    Amazing work so far - can't wait to see this finished. Keep up the great work!!
    Thank you very much, heres hoping finished happens in time for ECSC lol

I feel like its back on track now, and with a weight of 3.7 oz per side prior to hacking out wheel wells it doesnt seem as though ive added too much weight.

20180716_231341 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

The finish is much better than it appears at first glance too - I will need a bit of filler but for the most part its very straight.

20180716_224743 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

20180716_224752 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

20180716_225312 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

20180716_225322 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Im very happy with the strength so far also, heres a video of me beating on it lol

20180716_231003 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast