sbg  

RPP Cross 2018
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SUV time! CMAXX stuff

Default SUV time! CMAXX stuff

As some of you know I recently purchased a nice clean 2001 4runner with off road intentions. As I work on the truck I thought it might be fun to work on a scaled down version. So lets build a dodge instead, shooting for a 77 ramcharger. I intended to have my 55 nomad done for ECSC but when I tried to sit back down with it i just didnt even know where to begin. So the plan here is to have this done in time for ECSC and let my Chief concept ride it out another year. Scale will be 1:9.6 so that I can have an 11" WB, unfortunately this means a CMAXX will be sacrificed to make this truck but should be worth it.

Anyway, I like to start with grills

20180612_231934 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

20180612_231931 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

should end up looking something like this for those who arent familiar

20180613_233515 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Im up to my old tricks again but I have learned a few things and I hope to build an even lighter body this time around.

20180620_224327 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Great choice for an SUV! I had an '84 Ramcharger that I regret getting rid of years ago.
    And was that Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys on the screen behind your work area?
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
    As some of you know I recently purchased a nice clean 2001 4runner with off road intentions. As I work on the truck I thought it might be fun to work on a scaled down version. So lets build a dodge instead, shooting for a 77 ramcharger. I intended to have my 55 nomad done for ECSC but when I tried to sit back down with it i just didnt even know where to begin. So the plan here is to have this done in time for ECSC and let my Chief concept ride it out another year. Scale will be 1:9.6 so that I can have an 11" WB, unfortunately this means a CMAXX will be sacrificed to make this truck but should be worth it.

Anyway, I like to start with grills

20180612_231934 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

20180612_231931 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

should end up looking something like this for those who arent familiar

20180613_233515 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Im up to my old tricks again but I have learned a few things and I hope to build an even lighter body this time around.

20180620_224327 by sgtbforza, on Flickr
    Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Don't kid, you recycled the Bullnose, lol.

I kid actually, this seems like a tall order considering the deadline but I'm subscribed regardless!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepy84 View Post
    Don't kid, you recycled the Bullnose, lol.

I kid actually, this seems like a tall order considering the deadline but I'm subscribed regardless!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Haha, I do really need to finish that one - its just so hard now that I realize how heavy I used to make things.

Quote Originally Posted by tcanin00 View Post
    Great choice for an SUV! I had an '84 Ramcharger that I regret getting rid of years ago.
    And was that Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys on the screen behind your work area?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
    Haha yes it is bubbles!

Nice start to the build. Bonus with having Trailer Park Boys playing along in the background. Should make this build a fun one. Can't wait!

Very cool build, can't wait to see it done! And Hell Yes on watching Trailer Park Boys!!!! I recently re-watched the first 6 seasons while building some RC's haha. Good luck with this one, I will be following it
    Donít sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things!

Mopar or no truck
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Nice start.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by SMFtwstdHICK View Post
    Nice start to the build. Bonus with having Trailer Park Boys playing along in the background. Should make this build a fun one. Can't wait!
    I appreciate it, thank you! Yeah TPB helps me build haha

Quote Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
    Very cool build, can't wait to see it done! And Hell Yes on watching Trailer Park Boys!!!! I recently re-watched the first 6 seasons while building some RC's haha. Good luck with this one, I will be following it
    I appreciate it, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Mopar or no truck
    Oh what a feeling! Mopar!

Quote Originally Posted by wesmade View Post
    Nice start.

Wes

Thank you very much!

Ok, so starting to flesh the sides out and while they are still very rough I am super pumped about the current weight. If I get body and cage in at 1 lb then this should be a very fun truck to drive!

20180625_102422 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

20180625_102508 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Also got my wheels in, 1.9 wagon wheels - currently stripping the white off them

20180624_233437 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Why strip the white off? Well because im macho! Haha, yeah going with the macho paint scheme on this - was this sactioned by dodge or just something some guy did? I dont know but I freaking love it and im gonna do my best to pull it off

output1 by sgtbforza, on Flickr

output by sgtbforza, on Flickr

Cool 4Runner.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast