sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 1966 CitroŽn H

what a crazy build I just love it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    What a treat to watch this come together, I've been through it twice now.
    Thank you. Aside from that stamped steel look (forget how many strips I cut out for that) it's been one of the funnest builds I've done. Chose it mostly because to my knowledge noone's done one of these before.

Quote Originally Posted by tuxstang View Post
    Leave it as-is ... in 1:1, it wouldn't be covered.

Wonderfull job btw.
    It will be left bare and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    what a crazy build I just love it.
    Thanks me too Want to get it done now. Still haven't decided on livery...

Front section of the roof is done. Has magnets so that I can remove it. Still needs magnets on the truck side.

Also gave it functioning gutters.

Digging on the drip rail..
    That's a cool idea that works and looks correct..I'll be stealing that one indeed.

Coming together nicely.
    Great save on doors.

More please.
    Run what Ya Brung.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Beers View Post
    Digging on the drip rail..
    That's a cool idea that works and looks correct..I'll be stealing that one indeed.

Coming together nicely.
    Great save on doors.

More please.
    ZOMG Pilferer Thank you. Doors still aren't perfect but they'll do. Not going to extreme accuracy here anyway.

Went to the gas station this morning.

Get the filler cap off...

...glug glug.

The littlest steps are the funnest

Yeah, that's a ton of little strips. I really respect your efforts to turn out something unique, it really has some of the coolest choices in body lines.

The pictures arenít showing up for me and that makes me sad. Iím sure itís on my end. Hmm.

Nice truck? I guess? Iím only assuming.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    The pictures aren’t showing up for me and that makes me sad. I’m sure it’s on my end. Hmm.

Nice truck? I guess? I’m only assuming.
    Nice truck? Dude, EPIC truck. Anyways about the no pics thing

Had SSL certificate renewal issues in August which caused pictures not to display. Solved that on August 18th so pretty sure it's not with my hosting. You could go to https://www.wittenburg.co.uk/ to check whether your browser works there or not. Maybe see if that renews your cert, if yours is old/pre-Aug.

It may also be that you're telling your browser to only load first-party content (e.g. only from *.scalebuildersguild.com/).

Concerning this is

The pics do not load for me either. But thatís in Tapatalk. They do show when I open in webview...

Youíre doing an excellent job by the way. I actually see some of these once in a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theHoegie View Post
    The pics do not load for me either. But that’s in Tapatalk. They do show when I open in webview...

You’re doing an excellent job by the way. I actually see some of these once in a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right, makes sense. And thanks for clearing that up for me. There's nothing I can do about how Tapatalk renders the {IMG} BB Code.

Tapatalk purports to be no more than a UI skin over forum APIs. And as that provides reasonable value, people use and are even willing to pay for it. However Tapatalk does a lot more than that. Here's a screenshot:

Tapatalk copies your contacts. It copies other user accounts on your phone. It records your mobile number and records everywhere you go. It's allowed to search and access every network you connect to. And this list is goes on. The non-paid-for version is worse.

And so even if I could do something about fixing rendering in Tapatalk, I'd need to feel pretty charitable to bother If anyone felt strongly about it they'd probably file a bug request with Tapatalk.

Anyways, the CitroŽn. The outside is mostly done. Finished the wheel arches. Should've done them when I first put the body together - it was hard going rounding those fenders out when already on the van.

The result -

Stole some time on this tonight. Got the electronics squared away. Waiting for a 2-channel receiver so will cover it all up when that arrives.

Battery will live in the spare wheel cavity

Also started on the engine (got as far as the radiator).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456