sbg  

RPP Accessories 2018
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1966 CitroŽn H

Woohoo, another CitroŽn! Love these gawky things. Looks great so far. I gotta hurry up and finish my home-improvement projects so I can get back to work on the Mehari...

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Looks like a fun build.
    It is that

Quote Originally Posted by markbt73 View Post
    Woohoo, another CitroŽn! Love these gawky things. Looks great so far. I gotta hurry up and finish my home-improvement projects so I can get back to work on the Mehari...
    Do it! Some of the older French cars are epic, if not iconic. The H is right up there with the VW T2. Then there's the 4WD Sinpar Renault 4 which did Paris-Dakar Rally in 1979 and 1980 (came 5th and 3rd, respectively). And of course the indestructable Peugeot 404 - many of which are still daily runners in Africa. I want to do a 1:10 scale version of the pickup, in particular.

Anyway, back to the H. Got the rear mounted, some of the interior boxed out, and made the wheel arches a bit bigger. Because I'm sticking with the Chinese 未知的品牌 2.2s with the 90mm ⌀ Proline Buggy tires. Body is also super lifted, which I think sort of suits the Wild Willy theme.

Speaking of themes, I finally decided on a theme for the build. It's going to be a rally support vehicle. Not sure yet whether Paris/Dakar, Ultra 4, or a ripoff Camel Trophy type thing (but with Peter Styversant, Chesterfield, or maybe even art-deco Gitanes).

This is great fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    This is great fun!
    It is that Got the sliding door to slide.

Swapped the stock 70mm MST shocks out for 60mm RC4WD shocks. Also made some seats, and covered everything on the inside that needed covering.

Very cool, love the sliding door

Nice door, its just missing the "free candy" message on the side panels!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Very cool, love the sliding door
    Thanks. It's got two sliding doors now (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by valheru View Post
    Nice door, its just missing the "free candy" message on the side panels!
    Ha! Going with a motorsport crew theme

So. Did the front doors because they looked like trouble. I was right. Went through 7 prototypes until I got what I wanted. Never make hinges when you're tired!

The hinge pins are 7mm long. They were easy enough to cut, but hard to get into the hinges.

Result was worth it though. In this picture the top hinge was still too low and has been moved higher up. The hinges will be hidden/covered as much as reasonable.

And then I started on the suicide doors. Easy enough, but the interesting part about them was having to look hard at the corrugated body panels. They're not. They're stamped steel. And so I used 1mm thick, 3mm wide strips of styrene to get that effect.

Going to be a lot of work doing the rest of the van Anyway, with door closed:

And open:

Finally, also got the spare wheel in. This is the other sliding door.

Suspect I'm going to extend the rear of the front wheel arches a little.

A bit all over the place with the scale garage, the Skyline GT-R (need to start a thread for that one) and the Mil build off which doesn't know if it wants to be an Opel Blitz or M26 Dragon Wagon. But in spite of all that I got some more done on the H.

So this side is pretty much done, bar the spare wheel sliding door, which still needs a bit of work.

Haven't even started on the front

Right hand side is pretty much there. Could probably use a cap on the fluel tank. That hole is 6mm Ý, so will take the nozzle from my fuel pumps

The back is like the front - it still needs all the things.

The interior. Not sure what decorations will go in there.

And at the garage.

sits too high, but details are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    sits too high, but details are awesome
    It does indeed. Sit too high, I mean. The whole thing is wrong - they were never 4WD. It's supposed to be a caricature build with all the Wild Willies. We'll see what it looks like with paint and reassess. Easy enough to change.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast