sbg  

RPP October

Thread: Airbrush Recommendations

Default Airbrush Recommendations

Hey SBG

I'm a noob to rc, and a noob to scratch builds, but I'm working on an interior for one of my trail trucks, and wanted to do some airbrushing. I'm just not sure what is a good airbrush, and there is a lot of information out there. Looking for skilled user recommendations.

I was also looking at this one, which I was lead to by some research: http://a.co/7nq6MhW

Here is a pic of what I'm working on.
    Last edited by hellion; 06-18-2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Image url

Interior is looking great! Unfortunately I'm definitely not a skilled user (or a user at all) when it comes to airbrushes, so I'll avoid muddying the waters at all

Really depends on the level of familiarity you have with airbrushing. A dual action is more difficult to control, but the results are amazing. You can do the same with single action, but requires more fiddling and finesse.

Anything from Paasche or Badger won't disappoint. Be sure to get a good, strong compressor.

EDIT: Great looking styrene interior!
    Last edited by imthatguy; 06-18-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Really depends on the level of familiarity you have with airbrushing. A dual action is more difficult to control, but the results are amazing. You can do the same with single action, but requires more fiddling and finesse.

Anything from Paasche or Badger won't disappoint. Be sure to get a good, strong compressor.

EDIT: Great looking styrene interior!
    Whelp, I've never touched an airbrush before, so Its going to be trial by fire.

Has anybody had any success using a shop compressor? I have a 5 gallon, with a reserve tank for pressure regulation I'd like to use, but I haven't been able to find much info on connections and such.