sbg  

GearHead
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A MudMade Square Body Chevy

Default A MudMade Square Body Chevy

So I had began to build a K5 blazer a while back and somehow managed to tweak the body by being careless in packing when we moved. So I tried to figure a way to fix it and there was no saving it...so I did what any rational person would do and cut it in half! From there I discovered a few build threads that have since inspired an array of ideas for the best body style of chevy trucks in history. This is just the beginning of a very meticulous process.... I have to give a shout out to RexRacer (Mod19RC on shapeways ) for the awesome parts, they are definitely high quality and will be to blame for many more builds of mine. I'm looking for any inspiration, paint ideas, themes, and what have ya. I am using a terrain chassis on this particular truck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is awesome, man! Looks like you are off to a good start here.
    -Jeff
    Mod19RC Shapeways Store
    IG: @RexRacer19

Sorry to hear about three body tweaking when you moved. I remember this when out was a K5. You picked the right guy to go to for the conversion parts. Like you said Mod19rc makes some high quality parts. I purchased them for my K20 build and they fit perfect.

Your off to a great start on your build. In my opinion I would leave it the same color. That orange looks great.

If you're looking for inspiration I have a Facebook group called Square Headz. It's dedicated to square body builds. There's some A+ builds on there you could get all kinds of ideas from. You are welcome to join and show off your build. There's lots of members on there who will gladly answer any questions if you need help. Plus I'm posting my build on here too so if you want to ask me anything I'm here. I might end up learning something from you.

Since we all suffer from the square body sickness I'd love see other builds on this thread as it goes. I have been following your truck build thread and it has definitely been an inspiration.

Great start - excited to see where this goes!
    Donít sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things!

Quote Originally Posted by MudmadeRC View Post
    Since we all suffer from the square body sickness I'd love see other builds on this thread as it goes. I have been following your truck build thread and it has definitely been an inspiration.

I'm glad my build has inspired you. Lets me know I'm building it right. And be careful letting people see your build. This square body sickness it very contagious lol

I'm thinking this paint scheme will be what I go with but I'm conflicted about what colors to use. I'm definitely looking for input and any pictures that we can come up with.

georgeous

I can only hope my truck turns out that good

I found some pics of two tones you might like

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast