sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TT01 Car

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewHughes View Post
    i only have the upgraded version of Win10 so have to install 7 then upgrade. there are always left over pieces of 7 not to mention it takes long!

Win10 isnt so bad its alot less system hungry then 7 so for gaming my primary use it is ideal.
    I actually just did a clean install of windows 10 on my pc. Windows recommended doing a 'install refresh', which ive never heard of, so I went ahead and did that.

well the good news is it appears computer is mostly playing ball....

next decide on next item to purchase.

will look over next few days
    If In Doubt Give It A Clout.

Left field choice: New body? Always nice to have a shiny new body in your own colours!

it will def be having a new body..

but im not going to do it untill the end or late stage due to the fact i kepp smashing into the kerb at the moment.

will probably be steering related or suspension related next.

Ah yeah, good call! The plastic/oil filled Tamiya CVA shocks are good performance/value mix for these, I think there's a whole ball bearing steering setup (might be different for tt02 though) but it's a bit more pricy. depends whether you want to keep the hop ups Tamiya or look at cheaper 3racing or yeah racing substitutes.

no overall goal is to produce a car that im happy with so many different variations, and to get skills that i dont currently have aka scratch buiulding things.

but i do have a 2 year old to look after at points so time becomes limited. hence this will be a longer build

but thanks to all comments and views.

Matt

NICE!
    i have one of these great little cars also! its a TT-01R that comes with some of that fancy blue aluminium stuff.
    mine is in desperate upgrade to modern electronics also.

oh and the difference between TT-01 and TT-02 is the steering. 02 has revised steering due to the fact the 01 was... well it gets a lot of crud for being not so great. half the videos on youtube for the TT01 are "how to remove steering slop"
    so really its the on-road version of the CC-01 lol

very cool seeing this old chassis getting some love. i also intend on a refresh (2s lipo, new ESC, 2.4ghz tx/rx), and have passed this great learner's rig to my 9 year old son.

Cheers good sir, great thread and i look forward to your progress no matter how slow!

Im looking forward to this been all jazzed up as well.

im also hoping my son will become the final owner as his favourite word is car..

just been batlling real life at the moment but hoping to get something new and shiny very soon.

thanks for watching

Hello all who look at this,

just a quick update to say there is no updates.

work is my main thing at the moment (who ever said running a business was easy was lying!!)

hoping next month to get a new reciever to start moving forward again on this.

Matt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234