sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Winch Challenge Pickup

Nice defender, great wheel and tire choice!

Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    a lot of cool details
    Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Nice detail painting for sure
    Thanks, this wasn't the easiest task for me as I have the shakes due to nerve damage caused by my previous line of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawler Addict View Post
    Nice defender, great wheel and tire choice!
    Thanks, I have a few wheel/tires combo to choose from as some may consider me a tire whore!

D

Update 8 – January 7, 2018:

Spent a good part of the day working on project D90 winch challenge truck; this morning I did some weathering on the jerry cans and wear on the shovel.

I also fabricated front inner fenders.

Also, I painted most of the flat black components, including assembling the headlamps.

D

Looks Very Nice! I like those shocks im in the market... Do you like them so far? They look pretty scale... Do they use oil?

like it so far

A very harmonious build.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyRCota88 View Post
    Looks Very Nice! I like those shocks im in the market... Do you like them so far? They look pretty scale... Do they use oil?
    Thanks.

They are emulsion, work great, especially when combined with RC4WD 100 and 110mm Rock Krawler Shock Spring Assortment.

They do leak oil, but I only ran them with the stock o-rings and expect them to not leak once equipped with red silicone X-ring seals. This is what I did on the XD with piggyback for my Wraith and they haven't leaked since.

Quote Originally Posted by pera2008 View Post
    like it so far
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by raven62 View Post
    A very harmonious build.
    Thank you.

Update 9 – January 10, 2018:

I started modifying the cage I purchased for project D90 Winch Challenge pickup.

I added an “X” brace to the roof section to add a bit more protection during roll-overs.

Also in the mix was a loop around the snorkel to prevent it being ripped off when she goes shiny side down.

D

that snorkel frame will be more bad than good. I personally will lower it to make just support, not stick up

Update 10 – January 11, 2018:

I wasn’t happy with the look and gaps in the protection that the X brace offered to the roof, therefore I replaced it with straight bars.

In the process of brazing the new roof section, I added mounting pins to store a pair of sand ladders. Simple and effective storage solution.

Also, I made a fake floor panel out of styrene to mount the spare tire and high-lift jack.

The panel is held in place with rare earth magnets and will be covered post painting with a scale aluminum checkered plate.

D

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast