sbg  

RPP 4 Summer
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wooden Suzuki Samurai

RC = rubble constructed

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by onetruescooty View Post
    Hey if it works, it works! One of my favorite parts of this site is seeing people use interesting materials out of necessity.
    Thanks, by trade I'm a ceramic Potter so.... Ok not sure how to make the connection but if you did pottery you would know lol

Quote Originally Posted by markbt73 View Post
    "You want a tough truck? I'll give you a tough truck. Hurricane-tested!" It's sad to think that it was once part of somebody's house, but it's great that you're doing something creative and artistic with it. (Yes, I said artistic. Scratch-built models are sculpture, and I don't care what anybody says.) Looking great, especially the stripes.
    Thanks man I think the strips made all the difference and definitely anything that been through that Strom is tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Deric View Post
    I have to agree! This is an awesome build sir!! Salvaged pressed foam board for interior, amazing. THE best builds come from ones own creativity. Keep it up!!
    Deric
    Thanks appreciate the compliment, hey with wood and foam no mods needed to go amphibious!

Quote Originally Posted by ToyRCota88 View Post
    Awsome scratch stuff here!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by labrat0013 View Post
    RC = rubble constructed

Nice work!
    Lol I like that term!

Ok so slight progress here, I had to move the fire wall further back it was too far forward. I made some progress on the dash, I'll putty it up and Dremel in the details then paint and markers. The floor will be lined with a felt like material. For the walls, roof and seats I got some foam paper. I started the seats and I'm ok with how they are coming along however I will have to spay them I guess with some flat black just to try to mask the smell, it's terrible!!! Smells like plastic and rubber on fire, I got nauseous with doing them. Thank goodness it's only the black colored one the other color I have for the walls and roof has a pleasant new shoe smell lol. Anyways pics

Default Keep going

So I had called it quits for the building day but still ended up pushing ahead, some carving and a little prime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123