sbg  

RPP VS4 2018
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Wooden Suzuki Samurai

Default It's a runner!!! ... still not finished tho

Quote Originally Posted by Gasguzzler View Post
    Well your better then me!lol!I might try making a wood body soon,I've seen some of headquake's builds and there pretty nice,not to mention using some of your techniques!I look forward to seeing this nice little rig running!
    Thanks.

Well...I couldn't take it any more, while doing my usual tinkering , playing with the lights and turning the tires and watching the steering wheel move I decided I had enough!! My drive shafts and transfer case still ain't showed up yet so what do I do? Something I could have done a long time ago rip the parts from another rig!
    I put it together and realised that my flipped rear axle was going the opposite way to the front. Not wanting to flip the gears(if that's possible) I flipped it right way up again and attached the leafs the same way as the font, this meant adjusting the way the shocks were mounted. I also changed the steering set up slightly as it was contacting the front diff under full compression(wouldn't make it there anyways lol)

Anyways took it to work this afternoon at my new pottery grounds I'm setting up. My 5 year son was with me as he is on summer brake, he drove the rodeo
    ... couldn't get him to stay out the pics with it or give me enough chance to take some better pics lol it was fun.
    So for the fist run I must say this thing is great!!!! It drives so well I must say it's a joy to my heart. My only 2 complaints which I actually wanted was that's it's slow!!! Lol and it's not a 2 speed as all my other rigs are besides the rodeo. I may put in a lower turn motor but it's something about having two gear ratios I like compared to single speed even if you have low speed and top end.

Thanks to everyone for your support and comments so far along the way. It's not over I still need to place my driver so his hands can move along with the steering wheel and add some accessories. I also have to show case the sound system.. it rocks!!! Trust me and the speaker is so small and scale. I actually have a next one I want to install in another rig.

Enough blab. Here are the pics!!
    Thanks for looking.

Great Work Karl Well done scratch build you should be proud!!!

So cool!

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by ToyRCota88 View Post
    Great Work Karl Well done scratch build you should be proud!!!
    Thank you. I am. This little scrap zook is great. I will defiantly do another scratch build. Thanks for encouraging me along.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    So cool!

Nice work!
    Thank you . Thanks for looking.

Another pic from yesterday.

Default Sound system test and small sample run

So I cleaned up underneath a bit with some flat black.

Contrary to popular belief there is more to the Caribbean than Jamaica and reggae music.
    Here is a small sound sample of a popular soca song in the region with a short test drive in the back yard. My "Sound system" is no where close to full volume.
    Enjoy!!

Ps... ignore my back yard lol. Will take this out doors soon and show shone VI beauty.

Thanks for watching!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789