sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooden Suzuki Samurai

Default Continuing...

Thank you, encouraging.

Ok, continuing slowly, I think most of my lines are in now. Smooth off next.

Default Prime

It's rough but for my first scratch build I won't complain to much, plus it will hopefully play into to paint/finish. A mesh will go into the grill in front. Up next, paint and detail.

Looks great! What chassis will it sit on?

Quote Originally Posted by dagabba View Post
    Looks great! What chassis will it sit on?
    Thanks, I want this to ride on leaf springs. Will be my first leaf RC. It sits close to the wheel base of my d90 so it might ride on that for a bit until it gets its own, that's if it fits I haven't really tried it. Other than that I'm leaning towards a custom chassis, we'll see pretty soon.

So interestingly my front end is a combo of a Suzuki JA11 grill and a JA51 hood.

As for a theme/feel I'm going somewhere in this direction .. Like the white rims

So far just the base color is down, the shade will be slightly altered.

Default Details begin

Ok so I started some detailing it's still in progress.Around the grill will get some attention but so far this is where I'm at for today.

Default Interior Shelton

Ok so when I joined the site not to long ago I introduced my self by saying I'm from the British Virgin islands, we have no hobby shops here and no one I know into scaling, shipping is painfully slow or outrageously expensive so for me I home brew as much as I can.
    I know this site is filled with top notch professional builders who's work I admire so please forgive the ghettoness of this build as I have limited resources and tools I know it's rough lol.....
    That said last year September 6th is a day my country will never forget we got a direct hit from the most powerful hurricane on Atlantic record (Irma) right at its peak power,185mph sustained winds with gust over 230mph! Needless to say there was endless destruction. Today I visited one of the many scrap piles of pushed together rubble of what used to be parts of homes and scavenged this foam... So my interior had been through a Strom! Literally lol.
    I know it's ugly at the moment but it will all be covered up with fabric and paint so hopefully some of the ugliness will go away.

Hey if it works, it works! One of my favorite parts of this site is seeing people use interesting materials out of necessity.

"You want a tough truck? I'll give you a tough truck. Hurricane-tested!" It's sad to think that it was once part of somebody's house, but it's great that you're doing something creative and artistic with it. (Yes, I said artistic. Scratch-built models are sculpture, and I don't care what anybody says.) Looking great, especially the stripes.

I have to agree! This is an awesome build sir!! Salvaged pressed foam board for interior, amazing. THE best builds come from ones own creativity. Keep it up!!

Deric

Awsome scratch stuff here!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast