sbg  

GCM Banner

Thread: 80-86 Ford F150 (Blackfoot body) Interior

Default 80-86 Ford F150 (Blackfoot body) Interior

HI everyone, first post here and I hope I dropped it in the correct spot. I have been designing an interior for my Blackfoot and am super excited about where it has come. This was all designed by me using nothing but images I have seen. Due to scale inconsistencies on the Tamiya lid coupled to space constraints, there are some things that had to be sacrificed to make the interior look correct. It is all modeled in Pro/E and I had it mostly printed by Shapeways.

Here are some without paint

Here is where it is now. Since this will be the Lariat model I added wood grain, no cheesier than the original one.

If this were really scale, there would be lots of cracks in that grill.

Gauges are also illuminated via clear prints being used as fiberoptics.

I'm waiting on one more bracket to mount this one in my BF bodied Frog and then another in burgundy (with an auto) will be in my actual Blackfoot. Lots of work!

WOW!

Fantastic job on that print. This is where you can really see the difference between even the best home printers and what Shapeways is using.

I'm going to share this on Instagram today - great job!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

That was really nice of you! I have had a lot of fun making this and now am moving on to the Bruiser, Trailfinder 2 yota and Traxxas Bronco. I am also working on a Scorcher project that ill post soon.

Traxxas bronco interior would be sweet

That is some very fine work sir. The back lite dash is awesome!

Deric

Oh, I am on it man. Just ordered the kit.

Thanks Deric. I am a fan of lighting so this was a no brainer for me. I am just happy it worked out. Doing the same idea for the Bruiser dash and the stock Trailfinder 2 yota dash.

That looks excellent! Well done. Would you please show us how you did the lights.
    Cheers eh!
    Todd

Yes I can! Ill have a video of it soon. Trust me it is super simple.