sbg  

RC4WD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW M3 E30 Sports Evo build

Default BMW M3 E30 Sports Evo build

Hello everybody. I had to sell my drifter last year due to all kinds dumb stuff happening. Thankfully I pretended to have the money for another build, so here we go.

Played Forza Horizon 3 a lot and painted this E30 to look like the infamous 1990 Sports Evolution M3.

Then I got an offer to buy a Yokomo YD-2 chassis with an unpainted HPI M3 E30 Body from the guy who bought my YD-4.. figured it was meant to be.

Very cool.

I run an old Skyline Hakosuka on my YD-2. Lots of fun!

Thanks!! Ahh.. that’s the top spot on my wishlist! that ABC body? Ouff. Hakosukas are so gosh darn magnificent! Haven’t gone there in 1/10 yet but I recently built this static 1/24:

Last edited by Daoger; 02-12-2018 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Double picz

Been a long time since I sprayed a lexan lid..

Looking forward to your M3!

Well done on the Hako.

I'll snap some pictures of mine, and a few others, and post in another thread so as not to clog up your work.

Cory

Sweet, would love to see pics! Feel free to clog, or drop a link at least! Thanks!

Ooh flowers

..and stickershhhh. Really wish I had a more scale grille piece. hmm.... does anybody have a spare Tamiya E30 body?? Could be wrecked. Just want that grille. I'm trying to learn some CAD skills, amybe some day I'll make one meself

Got the soldering gun blazing at work. 9.5T LRP (R.I.P.) motor and a SkyRC Toro 160A ESC which I don't quite trust yet

Got stuff:

There's another little Hakosuka: I bought a resin clone body off a guy in Barcelona, for my Mini-Z, not finished yet.

Started covering the light buckets with my best friend, aluminum tape. I use the lime for a special paint etching technique I learned in the deep jungles of Nicaragua. Lies, it was for a gin tonic

I love aluminum tape, but it's really unforgiving. Too bad I never do any measuring. This'll do, though. Handmade charm!
    Also: I already made a scale mistake.. can anyone spot it?

Steering wheel and handbrake courtesy of RCScaler/RCFuzzy on Shapeways.. he has a bunch of nice items for M3s; an awesome roll cage, dashboard, seats etc... plus more general body detailing, accessories, engine bay and interior stuff. Worth a look!

Looks great. Can't spot the mistake but i'm not a BMW guru.

And Shapeways is a terrific way to spend more than you expected. I love it.

Haha, yup. What sucks is my workplace has a GREAT printer. Gotta learn the drawing software sometime soon. Finally got my rig uo and running after a lot of waiting for the correct program box for my esc. My first RWD Drifter! Whoo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast