sbg  

RPP ProLine 2018
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BMW M3 E30 Sports Evo build

This might help give your foam some a more stable shape. (I'm having to share from another build site because of the issues with 3rd party photos created by photobucket.) I took a similar type of foam bought at a craft store. You can get it with adhesive backing. I put it over shapes made from sheet aluminum and then coated it with wood glue, sanded it to seal it and make it paintable. It holds up well but can crack if you have a collision that flexes the metal. The aluminum sheet I used was about the thickness of license plates or aluminum guttering. You can find flashing and guttering materials at a home/building supply and just get a smaller piece for not too much money. Here's the link to my other build thread. Scroll down on page 2 to the entry on 6-28-14.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...innings-2.html

Hey, thanks Junkman! Very good advice. I love your approach with scraps, kinda what I’m trying to do to add to the slick, clean, expensive bits. Ever since I was a kid I loved finding little pieces of metal and plastic that looked cool somehow. «This looks like it belongs somewhere».. hehe can’t believe I didn’t cut and glue more stuff when I was younger!

Quote Originally Posted by Daoger View Post
    Hey, thanks Junkman! Very good advice. I love your approach with scraps, kinda what I’m trying to do to add to the slick, clean, expensive bits. Ever since I was a kid I loved finding little pieces of metal and plastic that looked cool somehow. «This looks like it belongs somewhere».. hehe can’t believe I didn’t cut and glue more stuff when I was younger!
    Yes - I have the same affliction. I see something and like the shape and the imagination runs wild and into a bin it goes for later use. I've had to take the phrase that comes to mind, "Hey I could make something with that!" and pair it with, "Happy wife, happy life - she'll be miffed if I save that thing she threw out." Into the recycling it goes. Maybe we need to form a support group! Plastiholics Anonymous.

Yuuuuupp. Well, isn’t that what SBG is, kinda? Well: A support group which encourages us to embrace our addiction. Great, guys - we’re screwed.

Found some industrial-type velcro. Now the battery can come out if it has to go number two (that means balance charging)

Put the dang inner fenders on the body with shoegoo. Might have been a bad idea, who knows. I’ll try it on afterwards and then flip out and break stuff if it doesn’t work.

I hope your fender liners work out because I think it's a cool idea.

Rears

With some faux back seat action.. They work!! Thanks ShopGTR! Stoked, but it seems I might have broke a connection on the main headlights.. gnarrrrrrr

Fixed the lights. The wheel wells are sweet. The interior is not done, but nothing is blocking or rubbing or actin a donkey. Tinted one of the rear windows. Asymmetrical tint is the bidness. Might try to score a set of those BBS rims someone made. And I want more foam.

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Daoger View Post

SEXY !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast