sbg  

RPP Axial 2018

Thread: Battery Advice

Default Battery Advice

Hi SBGers,

I've always used 6 cell sized battery packs- big Lipos are handy for racing so you don't have to take things apart and charge between every round.

Without thinking about it I've just used the same things for trucking but I really like the way some on here are using small Lipos to help keep all the electronics out of the way and hidden.

So... I'm wondering what spec exactly people are using? Is it around 1000mah? Planning to stay 2s and I'm guessing C rating isn't so important for going slow? And is there a set size or are they all a bit different?

Thanks!!

They’re all a bit different. I like to use 1800 packs in 2S and 3S.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    They’re all a bit different. I like to use 1800 packs in 2S and 3S.
    Cool thanks, going to look at those now... I'm planning to locate them under the hood/bonnet as I think you and thatguy do sometimes. I don't know quite why but I really like the idea of lifting the hood/bonnet to get at the not-so-oily bits.

I personally use these 2250 batteries because they are fairly thin...

https://www.maxamps.com/lipo-2250-2s-7-4v-battery-pack

It doesn't really matter too much on size since one usually builds a home for them somewhere in the truck.

Here you can see how I made a little styrene slot for this battery to slide between the transmission and the firewall...

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    I personally use these 2250 batteries because they are fairly thin...

https://www.maxamps.com/lipo-2250-2s-7-4v-battery-pack

It doesn't really matter too much on size since one usually builds a home for them somewhere in the truck.

Here you can see how I made a little styrene slot for this battery to slide between the transmission and the firewall...
    Awesome thanks, that thread is really helpful. Will order something and start sticking bits of plastic together!