sbg  

Vaterra
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overlanding FJ40

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    Wow, much progress! Great start sir...
    Thank you sir!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Very nice! Good work on tidying up the interior etc!
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Always happy to watch a 40 come together!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Awesome start! Canít wait to see more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, this body is a lot of fun to work with. Spent last night figuring out best where to stash the electronics and battery. It's a bit of a challenge with the body being as open as it is but I think I have a game plan figured out.

I'm wanting to have an opening hood as well as an uncluttered cargo area so I've been pondering the best location to hide the electronics, etc. Think I've got a good game plan figured out and will be using the area under the seats to stash the electronics. It will be a pain to access in the future but aside from an electrical failure I shouldn't have to open this area up at all.

As well by boxing in the the rest of the firewall and underside I'll be able to route the forward and aft wiring for the lights and such behind these panels. The panel covering the belly is essentially just to cover up the electronics and tidy the look up a bit.

Not sure why but I get excited over this stuff and like having the underbelly as clean as I can get it.

20180116_203203 (800x600).jpg

20180117_205017 (800x600).jpg

Next is to see if I can somehow shoehorn the battery under the bed. Right now it looks like I'll have to relocate the shocks and rear chassis brace to get the needed space however the FJ's run the shocks as I have them now.

The other alternative is to build a fake storage crate or something for the bed and hide the battery in there. Since I'll be running this topless most of the time it would make battery changes easy as heck. Any suggestions would be great!

Nice progress so far. I really wished I would have cut the hood off mine when I built.
    RC4WD Team Builder/driver
    83 Toyota SR5 Hilux 35s, locked, doubler/4:1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12