sbg  

RPP ProLine 2018

Thread: Toyota FJ45 Flatbed

Default Toyota FJ45 Flatbed

Hi!

I just wanted to show my new build - it's a FJ45 on a MST CFX-W chassis. The body was originally made as a toy from Joustra or Wader.

First I lowered the CFX-W chassis 10mm by mounting the dampers at the links. This results full ability of articulation and hopefully a slightly lower COG:

Next I cut the body, the roof and the interior, and added a wooden flatbed. I also exchanged the rear damper mounts with the CMX-ones, which look better in my opinion. My plan is to get a modern scalecrawler with a vintage touch, but let's move on with some pics:

Well, still a bit toy-ish, but with some color on the body and the flatbed, things look more promising. Interior parts like shifters, knobs, stereo, gauges, etc. will be scratch built.

The speakers are made from chrome buttons of an old jacket, the shifters are modified M2-screws. The next steps are building a proper dashboard, wiring and installing servo, motor ans ESC - but that will be a different story.

Greets from Austria,
    Motodrom

Excellent work.

Cool Toyo.

I follow this built at rockcrawler.de

Many thanks for your replies!

Cute little guy! I like it...

Today I paid attention to the lighting system. It's a mixture of Jamara-, Axial- & no-name-parts. Currently I'm working on some dashboard lights for the gauges, but that's to me a kind of trial & error-game ...
    Fortunatly I had more success with the fuel cell (an electronic box with an Integy-hub) and some other small details:

To be continued ...

Greets, Motodrom.

What a cool transformation! Well done.

Update: it works!

I installed a MST 35 turn brushed motor, a Quickrun 1080 esc and a PowerHD waterproofed servo. Ran perfectly in my hobby room:

Greets, Juergen.

A cool build. CFX looks very capable.
    Hiroki

That's a cool little build! These bodies are so much smaller than the RC4WD version. Very much a true 1/10.
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR