sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Toyota is Longer Than Yours

As I see this build come together, it seems there is only one appropriate route to take on the interior.

It needs a complex series of pulleys and linkages so Uncle Albert can drive from the sleeper cab, there is even a tiny windshield up top for visibility. The length combined with looking through a tiny opening would make it like driving a submarine.

This is going to be one sweet Yota. Thanks for sharing it with us n00b.

I am a big Toyota fan ant that is way I started my first scale truck with the RC4WD Hilux. I am liking all that you are doing to yours to make a Toyota Hilux that you can take out on a fun run or go to an event and know that yours will be the only one like it out there! Big fan of that so nice work and I am looking forward to seeing it out in the woods.

Brings back memories for me, I had an '83 4x4 custom cab about 15 years ago. If you want to make it really scale, add a bunch of frame rust at the extension under the cab, and eventually let it sag and break :D

Every time you post pics it looks longer...

Quote Originally Posted by JBailey View Post
    Hmm? You're right, yours is longer than mine (that's the only time I'll say that and not feel emasculated lol). Nice work as always Noob!
    I don't mean to brag or anything. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbham View Post
    But is it longer than your green Cruiser? Looking fantastic sir!
    Green Cruiser has this beat still. It's really, really long.
    Quote Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
    As I see this build come together, it seems there is only one appropriate route to take on the interior.

It needs a complex series of pulleys and linkages so Uncle Albert can drive from the sleeper cab, there is even a tiny windshield up top for visibility. The length combined with looking through a tiny opening would make it like driving a submarine.
    Haha that's an amazing idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickleo View Post
    This is going to be one sweet Yota. Thanks for sharing it with us n00b.
    And thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsler View Post
    I am a big Toyota fan ant that is way I started my first scale truck with the RC4WD Hilux. I am liking all that you are doing to yours to make a Toyota Hilux that you can take out on a fun run or go to an event and know that yours will be the only one like it out there! Big fan of that so nice work and I am looking forward to seeing it out in the woods.
    Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by perry View Post
    Brings back memories for me, I had an '83 4x4 custom cab about 15 years ago. If you want to make it really scale, add a bunch of frame rust at the extension under the cab, and eventually let it sag and break :D
    Like I mentioned before I will cut the chassis a little so it will eventually break. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
    Every time you post pics it looks longer...
    It barely fits on my bench now.

Cut the bed out to build it at full depth.

SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Nice looking wheel wells

Wes

longboi, I dig it Mr. N00b

GCM needs to make these chassis rails a bit longer... this seems to be a common issue.

... did you know... if you use a crossmember sideways, you can bolt together a frame extension using another rail? Yeah.. it's that easy actually.
    Nice Schoolbus!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast