sbg  

RPP VS4 2018

Thread: Torque Distribution in RC?

Default Torque Distribution in RC?

I tried my research on this topic for a long time without conclusive solutions.

I'd like to scratch make an 1/8 AWD car with a 30/70 front/rear torque distribution. Is it possible within our scale?

short answer no. you would need a transfer case that's either hydraulic or uses wet clutches.

rc stuff is basically all gears and slipper clutches are just that; last resort and not made to withstand actual slipping as normal operation.

would be nice to see something like that made tho, but im not holding my breath. for as much as new stuff we have now, its basically 30 year old technology at the core

couldn't one use different gearings?

Alternatively, you could vary the weight of diff oil, provided you had three diffs. It would help distribute some of the load, but would never work quite the way you describe.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Easiest method I could think of, and something Im considering doing on a 1/18th scale build, is having a double sided slipper clutch, with an independent front and rear center drive shaft. You adjust the front slipper to be more loose than the rear, that way when you power though a corner, you can 'clutch kick' it.