sbg  

RPP October
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carisma SCA-1E Coyote

Wow, nice! hitting it hard as usual, I see!

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Wow, nice! hitting it hard as usual, I see!
    Yeah, getting carried away as usual, this little rig has grabbed my attention and I can't help myself

Using the mock up interior I made at the weekend I have managed to model the complete interior insert ready to print it

I shall hopefully get all the bits printed over the next few days and then I can trial fit it in the body and see how well it fits

So with the printer back in action I have run off a complete set of the interior parts and trial assembled them (with trusty masking tape) and all looks to be good (well apart from the terrible print quality )

The next set of parts are printing at the moment (having tweaked the printer settings) the only change I have made to the design is to incorporate the door cards into the side walls, thus reducing the number of parts to be printed.

More soon.

Got the paints out today and finished up the interior, I used the styrene prototype as I am still dialing in the quality on the printer.

I need to resize the steering wheel slightly as it is currently a litle on the large side. I used a couple of the door cards I had alreay printed and added them to the styrene side walls.

I also put a couple of scale items in the bed.

I am probably going to make a steering guard as the steering links are a little exposed, but I think I can call this build done. I am hoping to get it out on the trails over the christmas period and see how badly I have hurt the performance.

Wow this a is a great reworking of an RTR.
    That's a great interior man, nice work!!

Deric

Quote Originally Posted by Deric View Post
    Wow this a is a great reworking of an RTR.
    That's a great interior man, nice work!!

Deric
    Thanks Deric, was a fun little project as I had to push my 3D designing skills to a new level to get this to work.

Had it out for it's maiden run today, have to say I am very, very impressed with the performance. My mods haven't made a noticeable difference to the abilities (was running with another un-modded coyote). Best bit was nothing broke and one 2200Mah 3S lipo lasted about 2hrs.

They may be some video in a bit, just fighting edditing software

Thanks as always for looking.

New day, new wheels and tires and new photo's

Overall very happy with this tiny truck, so much so I may just leave it as is and just run it

Loving the mods. And really struggling to find any. Everything, from Greens to ModelSport is sold out, both kit and RTR. I see though there's a new shell coming - Lynx ORV they're calling it. Doesn't look nearly as good as the Toyota Stout.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourth Protocol View Post
    Loving the mods. And really struggling to find any. Everything, from Greens to ModelSport is sold out, both kit and RTR. I see though there's a new shell coming - Lynx ORV they're calling it. Doesn't look nearly as good as the Toyota Stout.
    Thank you sir, I believe the new UK stock is due end of feb or early march. The kit version hasn't been released yet but is due soon.

Asiatees have the ORV in stock.

Not had this out again yet but have changed the tires again. Gone for something a little taller and narrower than the Mud Thrasher copies.

I think I may end up swapping out the wheels to some SDI -3 wagon wheels to get the tires tucked in as much as possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast