You will never stop in details !
    Give it time, hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado303 View Post
    next level stuff man
    Cheers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ShopGTR View Post
    Very cool. Excellent work.
    Thanks chap.

It's proving difficult to find any seats for this build, nothing on the market is big enough as far as I can tell. As a stop gap solution I've pinched the seats out of my Team Raffee Defender, cut them in half and widened them with some styrene sheet.

It has worked reasonably well, the height seems OK and they look about the right size now. I chopped the headrests off, trimmed them and re-attached with some grub screws.

I'm not keen on the stick on felt, I think I'll swap that out for something else.

Edit. Mmmmm, the more I look at them the more I think they're still too small.
    youtube.com/retrocosmnet

Today's task, transmission tunnel cover.

youtube.com/retrocosmnet

You've brought scale rc building to a whole different level. I am just amazed.
    Hiroki

Quote Originally Posted by luckland View Post
    You've brought scale rc building to a whole different level. I am just amazed.
    Thank you sir, that is most kind!

I have been doing some work on the seat mounts. It's difficult to get a clear view of Hammond's set up so I'm basing it on this sort of thing.

I can see from this picture that the support bracket for the driver's seat is the same.

Using some square tube styrene stuffed with some piano wire I bent up some supports and cut out some mounting plates and a bracket from some sheets.

Taking the place of Hammond is Snake Plissken. He stands at 8" tall, Hammond is in reality not much taller at about 5' 5". I've calculated that the Cruiser body from RC4WD is 1/8 scale meaning I need a figure just over 8" which is very difficult to find. Plastic surgery and a wardrobe change for Snake may therefore be required.

youtube.com/retrocosmnet

Such detail! Great work!
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Driver

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    Such detail! Great work!
    Thank you muchly sir!
    I got back to working on the Cruiser, it has been neglected of late. I got the outer shell sprayed with the Rover Sand Glow. I used red primer as I noticed this was used on the original

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, I think overall it's a bit yellower (if that's a word) than Hammond's but I attacked it with some Scotch Brite pads to give a fadded paint look and this brought it a bit closer.

I've also done a little weathering and detailing. I scratched it up a little bit with some needle files, used some Agrax Earthshade to both bring out the details and to dirty it up a bit.

I've also applied some of the badges and the number plate and holder I made a few weeks ago. Unfortunately the Toyota badge on the back looks a little big and the number plate looks a little small, the latter being 1/10 while the body is 1/8. I may have to look at getting a plate custom made and printed.

youtube.com/retrocosmnet

So very cool... just watched this episode (again) last night, then saw this build on here, very nice work so far.

Just make sure you have a drag brake so it doesn't roll down a hill and meet the same end as Hammond's, lol....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thats a very nice job there.

wes

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast