sbg  

GCM Banner

Thread: Gluing 3D parts to hard body

Default Gluing 3D parts to hard body

Ok guy I have looked at the plastic weld thread, and since I believe the #D printed products are a bit different, I was looking for some guidance here so as not to ruin my new parts.

Project at hand is a China JK 2dr, and the Knight Custom Smittybilt XRC fenders, now I know ther are bosses on the back side to mount the fenders, once you remove the molded fenders of the body, there isn't enough material in some areas to use fasteners to mount up the Knight Custom fenders, so gluing looks to be the way to go.

Yet, because we all know some glues are a bit more aggressive than others, I'd like not to melt these new fenders when getting them to bond to the body, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shoe Goo is your friend. Or e8000 or whatever it's called. A thin layer will keep it on there without damaging anything. And, removable later on down the line.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I second the Shoo Goo. It doesn't harden, so the bond will be able to take plenty of knocks without cracking. That's good for parts like this that are likely to get bumped and scraped.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input here, and since my LHS sells shoe goo, I'll swing by and pick some up :)