sbg  

GearHead
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 1950's Retro Gas Station

Such a cool thread, I had to read through again.
    The Rally style starting area is great.
    I always have wondered what thos mini saws were like, must be a game changer when dealing with all those popsicle sticks. How's th eblade holding up? It would be neat to make a little vacuum box to surround it, maybe plug a shopvac into it to keep the dust down.

Quote Originally Posted by UNGLEWD View Post
    Such a cool thread, I had to read through again.
    The Rally style starting area is great.
    I always have wondered what thos mini saws were like, must be a game changer when dealing with all those popsicle sticks. How's th eblade holding up? It would be neat to make a little vacuum box to surround it, maybe plug a shopvac into it to keep the dust down.
    Thank you! Did more work on that start gate too - TV cameras and spotlights. Still needs signage, road markings and barriers. When I get some decent (dry!!) weather I'll post up some photos.

The saw is ace. I bought some pine strips and because I didn't know the German word for what I was looking for bought strips with a rounded edge on one side. It's soooo easy to just trim the 2 meter long pieces by 4mm using that saw. Already paid for itself.

And speaking of vacuum box. They have that covered. It comes with a rubber hose adapter -

It just hooks right up to my vacuum cleaner.

Not using it though, because I'm collecting the sawdust for a beach idea with some Tamiya surfboards. And I spoke of trimming those slats earlier - you can see the offcuts in the pic above. Sooo easy!

Anyways back to business. The centre trestle is complete. First a comparison with the original trestle from a year ago:

And there the assembled result:

Final step is to redo the two smaller trestles. Those will wait because the ESC for the CitroŽn H arrived so it's back to building trucks for a bit.

Hi Fourth Protocol,
    How about more info on how you built the gas pumps, they look wonderful and I'd like to build a set.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567