sbg  

CKRC

Thread: TF2 LWB Rear Wheel Not Aligned With Body

Default TF2 LWB Rear Wheel Not Aligned With Body

I originally have a TF2 standard wheelbase and bought a Boom Racing 313mm LWB Conversion Kit to lengthen it for a Hilux 4 door from RC4WD.

Installing the chassis was great! No fitment issues, everything fit like it should. Happy so far.

Then when I mounted the my Hilux 4 door body, the rear wheels are grossly misaligned. I didn't have this issue with the standard wheel base.

I thought there was something i missed or a mistake on my part while installing the chassis so I stripped and rebuilt my entire rig 3 times with the same issue. I changed from a fully linked setup to leafs thinking that was the issue but nope. Still the same.

Then I thought my leafs might be the problem. They are probably bent out of shape or perhaps the mounts for the leafs are not centred and I may have accidentally mounted the leafs the wrong way. Nope. Still the same.

Basically, I have eliminated all possibilites that it might be a mistake on my end while installing the conversion kit.

Emailed Asiatees back and forth since early October and after asking me for pictures of my rig for them to access the problem, they just when quiet.

I just contacted their customer support again and they claimed to have email problems and that they are putting my enquiry as top priority.

So while waiting for their reply, does anyone here have a similar experience? Could you rectify it? What did you do?

Any help will be appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Default TF2 LWB Rear Wheel Not Aligned With Body

It appears as of the whole body is sitting too forward on the chassis. Likely from the imitation RC4WD chassis from Boom. You'll either need to figure out a way to move your rear leaf hanger forward or move all of the body mounting points forward.
    Last edited by pardonmyn00b; 11-09-2017 at 03:37 AM.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Driver

Truck looks amazing with the white rims and with the pitbulls.. but yes, the rear wheels have to move back. Hmmmm. Should be able to remedy this with a change in the leaf hangers, I think. I don't know much about TF2 trucks, but maybe you can fiddle with the rear leaf hangers.. maybe you can switch the rear eye frame mount with the front eye frame mount and that will change the position of the leaf spring? Hmm

Can it be the leaf springs? Try turning them around? Are the mounts exactly in the middle? Might be a remedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    It appears as of the whole body is sitting too forward on the chassis. Likely from the imitation RC4WD chassis from Boom. You'll either need to figure out a way to move your rear leaf hanger forward or move all of the body mounting points forward.
    I have tried the possibility that the whole body is too far back. However looking at where the mounting posts are installed, there is no other locations in which to install them.

even if there was, the grill would be hitting the bumper and it would be impossible to mount the body.

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    Truck looks amazing with the white rims and with the pitbulls.. but yes, the rear wheels have to move back. Hmmmm. Should be able to remedy this with a change in the leaf hangers, I think. I don't know much about TF2 trucks, but maybe you can fiddle with the rear leaf hangers.. maybe you can switch the rear eye frame mount with the front eye frame mount and that will change the position of the leaf spring? Hmm
    there is a product on RC4WD website there is able to move the hangers back and forth but I wanna see what Asiatees reply is before spending more money rectifying the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by aztitan View Post
    Can it be the leaf springs? Try turning them around? Are the mounts exactly in the middle? Might be a remedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have also thought about that possibility. i tried turning the leafs around. I also thought that it might be possible that the leafs are front/rear specific. All to no avail.

Interesting. Could you post some more photos from rear axle area? You could also remove all the parts from chassis (wheels atleast) and start measuring to find out where the problem actually is. Must be on the chassis if everything else is as it was before. Machining mistakes are not that uncommon in this sport!