sbg  

Vaterra
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for winning.

Default Time for winning.

I've cheated at tiny trucks, I've discovered that winning is hard, so therefore, in my 3rd year of taking Class 2 seriously, obviously it's time to win.

Toyzuki supplies the chassis this year. I met the guy who runs/designs/fabs these at AxialFest this year and was instantly sold after watching it attack the trails.

With his instructions, assembly was super quick, less than an hour. You'll need all the bits from the Axial SCX10II kit transmission, and two additional shafts, (AX31134, AX31410) and a couple spare bearings. As you can see, he includes a lot of extra stickers. Key to any successful build.

Whole thing completed.

Magical transfer case allows for regular drive to both axles, or overdrive to the front, if you so choose. Just swap the output on the rear. Easy!

Hard Panhard mount. For panharding. Interesting to note, the chassis only allows for a servo winch to be mounted in the rear.

Low motor mount location. Like, super low. Impressive how much weight is put so low on the chassis.

Cheater angled skid. Still allowed in C2, but outlawed for C1 in 2018.

To ruin all that weight down low, I'm considering pulling these out of retirement. Thoughts?

Also, sneak peek at my body choice. Almost as if it was made for it. Made by the very talented joe122, aka Scott Lempert.

More to come.
    Last edited by imthatguy; 10-11-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Sweet. I need me one of demz ToyZukis.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That is one serious chassis. What is the material it is made out of? The Panhard mount looks to be of a different material?

That body! Although, it will break my heart to see it get damaged...

You can mount a winch in the front on its side. There is two holes for the scx mounting tabs.
    I'm surprised to see you going with a toyzuki. Easily the most complete aftermarket setup for a scx10. More thought into it than just some frame rails. I'm sure you'll love it.

I'm intrigued by this Toyzuki kit, I shall be watching closely, does the transfer box just remain open? I love how low the motor is mounted!

Default Time for winning.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! Now I'm not the only lunatic in C2 with a custom hardbody on a toyzuki!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I built a Toyota once

Toyzuki seems awful similar to Toyota or Suzuki. I would like to see some winning suzukis out there.

L.R.

This will end up being a badass rig, no doubt. Kind of surprised to see you go with such a non-scale chassis, but itís apparent this build is about performance. Iíve read great things about this chassis so itíll be great to see your take on this.
    Donít sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things!

I never saw that chassis before.. !
    Surprising body for a comp scale, it sure that's going to make something original.
    RC4WD Team Driver - JsScale Team Driver

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast