sbg  

RPP 4 S and S
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMT 10 "THE CRUSHER"

Nice looking truck!! It might be that I must order SMT10 one day :D
    instagram.com/n3ruda #RatKing

Quote Originally Posted by neruda View Post
    Nice looking truck!! It might be that I must order SMT10 one day :D
    Thank you. It is a pretty fun truck to play with, it looks so scale bouncing around. By the way your truck is ultra cool!!!

Well after pondering what to do about shortening the wheel base I came across a very cool kit by RH Designs. While it is still a trailing arm suspension and not shock to axle as it would be in the 1:1's this truck really is for fun and not so much scale so I have sacrificed; or have I?

This kit is used by most who race Super Stock monster truck classes so proof is in the numbers. It has a ton of adjustability in the links and shock location using stock mounting holes and an added bonus front and rear sway bars. Since I will never be racing and only bashing from time to time I would say probably overkill but totally worth it!!!!

It came with everything needed!

And bam, super sweet stance monster truck!!!

Before:

After:
    [URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/CrawlerAddict13/media/IMG_4060_zpspi1mtr8k.jpg.html][/URL

Much, much better!!!!

Yeah, much better stance now!
    instagram.com/n3ruda #RatKing

Perfect.
    -Jeff
    IG: @RexRacer19

Thanks guys!

Much better. Nicely done.

A little update on the monster truck; I picked up some Proline Devastator tires and Brawler wheels used for a good deal. They are much better looking than the stock wheels however the wheel caps are a bit of a pain to deal with, guess thats the price for more scale realism......LOL

The tires are a massive improvement over the stock BKT tires, they grab all sorts of traction. I can see the stock servo more than likely will not last long though, they are larger and take a lot more effort to turn, when it fails Ill put something better in. Did I mention how much traction it grabs, wheelies all day plus a forty year old man with a really stupid grin!!! Such a blast!!

And the fun ended with the fence and a loud snap. Guess Ill be upgrading the knuckles before the servo!!!

Nice upgrade on the wheels/tires. Funny how one way of spending money always leads to another... :)
    -Jeff
    IG: @RexRacer19

Love it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12