sbg  

RPP 2

Thread: SMT 10 "THE CRUSHER"

Default SMT 10 "THE CRUSHER"

Well I figured I would share my SMT progress with everyone. I purchased the Max D rig pretty well right when it came out. Ive never liked the Max D truck since the beginning but wanted the black cage rather than the Grave Digger Green cage and had the intention of changing the body anyway.

It is pretty well stock except the Castle Mamba and 4600KV motor, I know most run a smaller KV but I had it sitting there so in it went. I have been running it this way for months and its a blast, no real issues other than complete destruction of the transmission gears; to be expected with the power plant!! Upgraded those to all metal. I'm sure next will be the drive shafts!!

Now I have finally moved towards the body, the proline 80's chevy truck has always been a favourite of mine.

I removed the side windows, rear window and part of the box to get it nice and low.

Modified rear body mounts; I used the stock rear body mounts, removed the plastic brace between them and used a couple holes farther back that matched up perfectly!! This gets the body down nice and low as well as level with the cage. I plan on making links to bring the wheel base in some. Believe I will stand the shocks up as others have been doing as well. Sooner or later.......LOL

Now on to the late 80's livery. I wanted to try something new and maybe a little more complex than I've done before. This will either turn out great and look awesome or potentially end up on the other side of the scale; we will see. Started with a font printed out, stuck it to the inside and traced out on the outside. I then used painters tape over the outside to keep my fingers from rubbing the marker off. Couple coats of liquid mask and soon enough Ill be testing my surgical precision with the old exacto knife. My thought is to possibly snap a #11 blade off and set it in the knife so just the tip is out and hopefully this will make it easier to do such delicate work.

Any tips on technique at this point will be accepted graciously.......LOL

Take your time, that's pretty much all I can say. And keep it steady!
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Cool to see another MT build. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
    -Jeff
    IG: @RexRacer19

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Take your time, that's pretty much all I can say. And keep it steady!
    Haha, yes, very slow and definitely not after my morning coffee!!