sbg  

RPP Winter Small

Thread: Scratch Built Chainsaw

Default Scratch Built Chainsaw

Hello all, just wanted to share a couple pictures of a chainsaw I recently made. I purchased a 3D printed unit some time ago and just couldn't bring myself to use it, not a big fan of low resolution parts they just don't look real enough. This prompted me to scratch build my own from scrap styrene.

Unfortunately this is the only picture I have in the process of building due to a camera glitch which caused me to loose a bunch of pictures!!!! Doh!!

I would consider myself to be quite novice at scratch building and tried a few new to me techniques, very happy with how it turned out and have a few new tricks up my sleeve for future projects!!!

Enjoy!

I think it turned out great and it's highly detailed. Much more detail than you'd see on a 3D printed model.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Driver

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    I think it turned out great and it's highly detailed. Much more detail than you'd see on a 3D printed model.
    Thanks, I'm really happy with it, gonna look great in the back of my trailer!

I love the bits of sawdust on it! That's a really great little detail.

Quote Originally Posted by DougJ View Post
    I love the bits of sawdust on it! That's a really great little detail.
    Thanks, I thought it would finish it off nicely. Never really seen a clean chainsaw before......LOL