sbg  

GearHead
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GCM CMAX TinyToyota with JS Scale

Default GCM CMAX TinyToyota with JS Scale

Hiya, everyone! This little truck has been in my mind for a very VERY long time, but since there was really no way to get the axles under this tiny Toyota Hilux body, I couldn't get myself to do the build. But, ALAS, the times, they are a changin'!

I called up www.JsScale.net and got me a painted up Mohave2 body from them, as you see it here. This pair (at JS Scale) do some of the best paint and weathering available to the public. Anywhere.

I had a couple of requirements for JS to follow: Make it old, driving, but well used, and has to have an opening hood. I added some Exclusive R/C printed generic hood hinges afterwards to make it move.

Awesome little truck. So scale!!
    Donít sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things!

Moving to the CMAX chassis next, the easiest thing was to build up the Yota 152 Leaf kit. (LINK HERE)
    This kit allows me to run the BowHouse RC NC Yota 152mm wide axle housings with no compromise. Much love! (LINK HERE)

REAR:

FRONT:

I added the side trays to the chassis, some GCM Mini-Mag wheels, some ground-off tiny tires, and ended up with this:

After sticking it together I realized this was my chance to Resto-Mod this little truck to the max, so I added the Knight Customs SR5 engine cover item to the front end, so as to begin the engine bay excitement with some injection of Fuel.. the 22R-E. (LINK HERE) This motor cover seems to be a great scale for this truck size. Not meant for this particular setup, but really easy to install and work with. I just removed a tiny little bit of plastic from the underside of the motor cover, and then stuck it right on the motor can. With some more creative engine bay work, it will be a nice blend of new and old.

The frame position works out really nicely in this body, and I think I'm off to a proper legitimate start on this TinyToyota. Front frames at the bumper, rear frames at the valance. Perfect.

All of this finally let me put it down on the wheels, and... Yay! it's Tiny!

This.

Is a truck. Everyone take note. Gawd it looks freaking perfect.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Very nice, sir. Was wondering when you'd finally get it running, lol. I will have a special present for you this weekend (hinge hinge, nudge nudge).
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team

WOW that looks so awesome.

So tiny, so wonderful!
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Yeahhh ! We love those class 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast