sbg  

GCM Banner

Thread: Motor Question

Default Motor Question

HI , i have an Axial Scx10 with 9t inrunner . I want to mount outrunner motor , but i dont know how many KV need in outrunner for the same function. I goes always 2s 7,4v .

Anybody can help me please ??

Really thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
    HI , i have an Axial Scx10 with 9t inrunner . I want to mount outrunner motor , but i dont know how many KV need in outrunner for the same function. I goes always 2s 7,4v .

Anybody can help me please ??

Really thanks !

I believe a 9T in runner will be between 4500KV and 4900KV. In which case I think you will struggle to find an Outrunner that has that high a KV rating, most of the high KV Outrunners I have seen are under 2000KV.

As they have much higher torque they can be run with a larger pinion and/or smaller spur to alter the gearing to get the speed back.

I found that they are also much noisier in use than an Inrunner and apart from my sensored Holmes Hobbies one, the ones I tried also cogged really badly at low speed.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteAttryde View Post
    I believe a 9T in runner will be between 4500KV and 4900KV. In which case I think you will struggle to find an Outrunner that has that high a KV rating, most of the high KV Outrunners I have seen are under 2000KV.

As they have much higher torque they can be run with a larger pinion and/or smaller spur to alter the gearing to get the speed back.

I found that they are also much noisier in use than an Inrunner and apart from my sensored Holmes Hobbies one, the ones I tried also cogged really badly at low speed.

I hope this helps.
    Thank you, you has helped me. It i will look then at some powerful inrunner sesored , which bothers me is that it something tactfully but waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
    Thank you, you has helped me. It i will look then at some powerful inrunner sesored , which bothers me is that it something tactfully but waterproof
    Waterproofing a sensored motor is relatively easy. All you need to do is remove the sensor board and spray it with some PCB conformal coating, and then re-assemble the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteAttryde View Post
    Waterproofing a sensored motor is relatively easy. All you need to do is remove the sensor board and spray it with some PCB conformal coating, and then re-assemble the motor.
    I have a Robitronic sensored combo 17,5T waterproofed , but it does not bring me much confidence and I'm afraid to submerge it jejejejej just splash it