sbg  

GCM Banner
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Motor Question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    280

    Default Motor Question

    HI , i have an Axial Scx10 with 9t inrunner . I want to mount outrunner motor , but i dont know how many KV need in outrunner for the same function. I goes always 2s 7,4v .

    Anybody can help me please ??

    Really thanks !


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northwich, UK
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
    HI , i have an Axial Scx10 with 9t inrunner . I want to mount outrunner motor , but i dont know how many KV need in outrunner for the same function. I goes always 2s 7,4v .

    Anybody can help me please ??

    Really thanks !

    I believe a 9T in runner will be between 4500KV and 4900KV. In which case I think you will struggle to find an Outrunner that has that high a KV rating, most of the high KV Outrunners I have seen are under 2000KV.

    As they have much higher torque they can be run with a larger pinion and/or smaller spur to alter the gearing to get the speed back.

    I found that they are also much noisier in use than an Inrunner and apart from my sensored Holmes Hobbies one, the ones I tried also cogged really badly at low speed.

    I hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteAttryde View Post
    I believe a 9T in runner will be between 4500KV and 4900KV. In which case I think you will struggle to find an Outrunner that has that high a KV rating, most of the high KV Outrunners I have seen are under 2000KV.

    As they have much higher torque they can be run with a larger pinion and/or smaller spur to alter the gearing to get the speed back.

    I found that they are also much noisier in use than an Inrunner and apart from my sensored Holmes Hobbies one, the ones I tried also cogged really badly at low speed.

    I hope this helps.
    Thank you, you has helped me. It i will look then at some powerful inrunner sesored , which bothers me is that it something tactfully but waterproof

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northwich, UK
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
    Thank you, you has helped me. It i will look then at some powerful inrunner sesored , which bothers me is that it something tactfully but waterproof
    Waterproofing a sensored motor is relatively easy. All you need to do is remove the sensor board and spray it with some PCB conformal coating, and then re-assemble the motor.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteAttryde View Post
    Waterproofing a sensored motor is relatively easy. All you need to do is remove the sensor board and spray it with some PCB conformal coating, and then re-assemble the motor.
    I have a Robitronic sensored combo 17,5T waterproofed , but it does not bring me much confidence and I'm afraid to submerge it jejejejej just splash it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •