sbg  

RPP HPI

Thread: Tamiya touring car interiors

Default Tamiya touring car interiors

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but I'm after info on the tamiya car interiors. Wanting to know if they are worth the money for your tamiya on road car to get abit more scale look. I have the Porsche 911 and would love to put an interior in it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidtoy View Post
    Not sure if this is the right spot for this but I'm after info on the tamiya car interiors. Wanting to know if they are worth the money for your tamiya on road car to get abit more scale look. I have the Porsche 911 and would love to put an interior in it.
    Been looking at these myself, and.... tough one to answer. I wouldn't put one into a 911 because, well, it's a Porsche. That said it's a great option for anyone not willing to make their own. With enough patience it can be painted to look amazing, and even a bad paint job will look better than black windows.

If you're after something that's already painted the KillerBody Furious Angel (KB48412) isn't too bad either, but costs more than twice as much as the Tamiya cockpit. Also note that it has 4 seats so would require significant surgery to suit/fit a 911.

Wondering the same thing. I have a Tamiya Alfa that needs an interior.

I've used the left-hand-drive interior in my M06 MX5. It needed lots of trimming to fit in the small body but it comes with sticky-backed foam that you can cut and use as spacers so you can fit it in lots of different shaped bodies. I ended up having to cut out a big chunk just ahead of the fuel tank to make room for the shock towers, but since they're black they blend in.

I didn't go crazy with the pant detailing, I just used what I had on hand. The included decals take care of most of the detailing for you. When mounted in the car it looks plenty good.

I'm happy with how it turned out. It's much easier and more practical than building an interior for a lexan-bodied car, and it's pretty lightweight so it won't affect handling much.

thanks for replies the above interior is the type i was looking at. may just buy one and see what i can do. i normally cut the side windows so they look half wound down and then may just spray a light coat of the tamiya window tint to. i only really want to make it look better as i drives around so as long as it looks half decent ill be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DougJ View Post
    I've used the left-hand-drive interior in my M06 MX5. It needed lots of trimming to fit in the small body but it comes with sticky-backed foam that you can cut and use as spacers so you can fit it in lots of different shaped bodies. I ended up having to cut out a big chunk just ahead of the fuel tank to make room for the shock towers, but since they're black they blend in.

I didn't go crazy with the pant detailing, I just used what I had on hand. The included decals take care of most of the detailing for you. When mounted in the car it looks plenty good.

I'm happy with how it turned out. It's much easier and more practical than building an interior for a lexan-bodied car, and it's pretty lightweight so it won't affect handling much.
    That interior came up great! I had one of these, many years ago (1993) in my Tamiya Calsonic Skyline (TA02). My painting skills were pretty rough back then and I used some odd colours (probably what I had leftover at the time). I recently decided to resurrect the old Skyline and paint it up with the original box art. I still need to get a new R32 body and some Calsonic decals from MCI but I was pretty happy to find a brand new interior gathering dust at the back of my LHS for a good price.

The interior isn't polycarbonate/lexan is it? Did you use the Tamiya TS paint range for yours?

The Tamiya interiors were authentically modelled after the original shells they appeared in.

50446 / 54157 Right Hand Drive Touring car cockpit

This first appeared as spare part on 26/05/1992, then in kit 58120 Axia Skyline GT-R on 02/03/1993. It's based on the interior of the Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R, but also came with other kits. It was re-released on 09/12/2009 as 54157.

50457 / 54298 Left Hand Drive Touring car cockpit

This first appeared in kit 58108 Mercedes 190E DTM on 23/06/1992, and was released as a spare part on 30/06/1992. It's based on the interior of the Mercedes 190 DTM but came with other kits too. It was re-released as 54298 on 08/06/2011.

50463 / 54491 Rally cockpit

This first appeared as a spare part on 29/09/1992, then in kit 58117 Lancia Delta HF Integrale on 15/12/1992. It doesn't appear to be based on any particular car, presumably because Tamiya realised that it would have greater appeal if it wasn't too model specific. It was re-released as 54491 on 11/09/2013.

The re-release versions are branded Hop-up Options rather than spare parts, but the main difference is the stickers are generic, rather than containing the brand names of the originals.
    from https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/ind...comment=629272