sbg  

LockedUp RC
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2002 Hasbro Willy build

With a fresh coat of paint applied, it was time to marry the roll protection to the body and why stop there? Since we had so much fun weathering the gas tank, let's weather the whole darn thing!! Note: Placement of light bar has changed and is now better protected from incurring any damage during a rollover. Also I feel it looks a bit more streamlined than being on top of the cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finishing up the cage install

With most of the major fabrication finished it was time to take it out on the trail again and enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Want to see something ridiculous? How about a Traxxas 21t 550 motor attached to a RC4WD 4:1 reducer which is attached to a RC4WD R4 transmission that has been geared down to 30:1 check out the video
    https://youtu.be/tac_To1OvRc

I noticed in the past few outings that the stock steering setup was being put under a lot of stress and so I made the executive decision to spend the money on upgrading to hydraulically assisted steering.

I had a local Jeep jamboree coming up in a few weeks and there are sections of the trail that require a river crossing. So it was time to add a snorkel system. I was still recovering from the hydraulic steering purchase and unfortunately this build was going to be a low budget one. A quick check in the backyard yielded an old coffee can and some thin walled tubing! Score!!! In the 1:1 world I actually had to machine that coffee can out of a chunk of 1" dia. 314 stainless steel. The tubing is actually 3/8" stainless steel tubing.

Well that wraps my build up. Here are a few of my favorite shots of this particular vehicle. Thanks!!

I somehow missed this thread, I did a Willys a while back. I like the way you've kitted this out, the metal work is excellent and the scale scenes are very well done, very cool. The snorkel is just fantastic.
    youtube.com/retrocosmnet

Every time I see one of these 1/6 scale Willys I start shopping! Very well done! Fab, weathering and assembly, you killed it!

Fantastic job sir! A lot of fantastic detail work really brought this to life. You should be very pleased.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH MAD MOOSE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast