sbg  

RC4WD

Thread: Photobucket 3rd Party Hosting Debacle

Default Photobucket 3rd Party Hosting Debacle

I heard about this a couple days ago, and it's now happened to my account too (and to a lot of others here, judging by the build threads with suddenly-absent pics).

Seems like Photobucket has decided to remove 3rd party hosting for everyone (AKA what we all use to post up pics that can be seen here), unless a 400$/year plan is purchased. I can't imagine this going well for them for any period of time, but it's a royal pain for now.

Anyone have any alternative picture host suggestions? I really don't want to have to move 3600 pics from my PB account, but if they're going to pull this BS I'm going to need to. Was thinking Flickr or Imgur might be good options.
    ScalerFab Team Driver

That's a drag! I've been using Flickr since 2009 I think? Never let me down once.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WD Team Driver

That's a major drag. If people are interested, SBG offers a much cheaper option! Supporting level members pay $20 a year and we'll host all your images!
    Last edited by imthatguy; 06-30-2017 at 05:39 AM.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    That's a drag! I've been using Flickr since 2009 I think? Never let me down once.
    Just blew the cobwebs off my Flickr account. Forgot I even had it.

Annddd... this is why I'm hosting my own pics now. FOrever. Sad for all the PB users though! Google stopped allowing JPG links about a year ago, but still allow previously linked items to work.

Thanks for the responses, guys! I think I'll end up with a combination of Flickr and hosting some pics on the SBG itself.

@Chris, yeah I think I remember that; right when you were starting the K10 blazer build on here, right? I'll like to eventually host my own stuff, but that's not likely to happen until after college; I can't really justify the cost of renting a server somewhere, and setting my own up won't really be ideal with the way the internet is setup where I am living currently.

Now to go through all my build threads , download the pics from photobucket, and re-upload and link from Flickr. This is going to be a pain.
    ScalerFab Team Driver