sbg  

GearHead
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GCM CMAX "Comp Toy" FJ40 Video Build

Default GCM CMAX "Comp Toy" FJ40 Video Build

Hiya, SO .. I realized down at Berkeley GCM Adventure Series event I had nothing with lights all over, and night run worthy.. like my old Raven Jeep build, Class 2 SORRCA worthy.. so welcome with me the "Comp Toy" FJ build!

The inspiration and feel is something like this full size unit here:

The first part of the video build, looking at the CMAX chassis and layout, as well as wheel and tire info. I've really gotten into the printed inner beadlock rings.. like done dozens of them.. and they work so well, it was fitting for Comp Toy to get some love in the wheel department as well.

On to Video #2, It's time to get the body semi-located and show off the new rim and foam tech. Winch comes out, as well as critiquing the leaf spring setup with full steering that the GCM axles allow.

With the body on, and the tube layout figured out, it's time to get the stuff bent up. Here's some tech on how I got the bends around this body done in one single line of tube, without joints. (it was 7 hours of annoyance, but... #tinytrucks)

Pure awesomeness. I can't wait to see this in the flesh!
    BowHouse RC, Helios RC, GCM #tinytruck Team

Thanks!

Got some more tube setup done, and a frame setup change, as well as some electronic stuff started.

More welding tips and tools here in this one...

Really enjoying your videos, and the build is coming along nicely. Seems like you are as thorough with your builds as i am with mine. Out of interest, what brass/flux are you using to braze with?

Quote Originally Posted by neilus View Post
    Really enjoying your videos, and the build is coming along nicely. Seems like you are as thorough with your builds as i am with mine. Out of interest, what brass/flux are you using to braze with?
    Thanks for watching the build! I'm really going for a complete look on this one, all custom work everywhere. It's so much fun also, I love truck building.
    I'm using 3/32" Lincoln Flux Coated Bronze rods. Really flows well after the joint is put together... and they clean nicely as well.

Just watched these today... very thorough and I learned many things. Thanks for taking the time to do these.

That one piece perimeter tube... did you happen make two? I'd like one!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast