sbg  

RPP Cross 2018
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh FMTV

Wow! Make sure the dials go up to 11, you'll be fine.
    youtube.com/retrocosmnet

Hail to the King of COE builds! Any-build for that matter.....just amazing detail and precision in how you approach these builds!

Quote Originally Posted by neonsnow78 View Post
    dude........that is coming out awesome!!!

Are you going to mount up the spare behind the cab and add the area where the oil dipstick areas are etc? This thing looks great!!
    Thanks and yes, definitely. Waiting for a spare to arrive because it's going to need to be cut up to fit over the motor and spur gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocosm View Post
    Wow! Make sure the dials go up to 11, you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
    Hail to the King of COE builds! Any-build for that matter.....just amazing detail and precision in how you approach these builds!
    Thanks

It's been a week since I got anything done on it, and that's not good. I get withdrawals and then I start transforming imthatguy's posts Anyways, lights. They took some thought. Ended up using the bumper lights from a China JK for the indicators, and China JK headlights for the headlights.

I have 16mm ⌀ electrical conduit which is good for the indicators, and I have 22mm ⌀ PVC pipe, but need something 20mm ⌀ for the headlights. So I ordered some in that I found on Ebay, but that came with an 18mm inner diameter. So I had to dremel that back to a 19mm inner diameter.

Once assembled and plugged into the front bumper it looks like this:

Headlights look all milky because of the CA glue. Think I'm leaving it like that - I kinda like it.

I don't really have an update, but more of a discovery that has left me a bit torn on paint job choice. Ever heard of an Autobot called Hound? Particularly what he was in Transformers 4, because in 5 (Last Knight) he's suddenly (weirdly) an Unimog ambulance. Maybe not so weird, because in 5 he's the weapons guy and the medic. But he wasn't that in 4.

Confusing. But cool

And below a picture of the hatch and streamlined window rubbers, to legitimise the post

I don't know anything about Transformers but I like this truck
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Quote Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
    I don't know anything about Transformers but I like this truck
    Well then let me introduce Hound from Transformers 4, Age of Extinction:

And in un/non-transformed guise/clothes/state:

I'm liking that camo paint there... yeah... I can see that working well with some dust on it.

I actually got to see the original HMTV they used for transformers, as well as the Dark Knight Rises HEMTT M1120 at the Oshkosh factory, pretty neat (no phones or photos allowed in the building though :( )

Build is looking great so far, turret is spot on and the window gasket spiffied it up a ton!

Terrible movies but an EPIC truck! Are you gonna do an Exo cage thingy too?
    TEAM RC4WD TEAM KNIGHT CUSTOMS SBG MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by generis View Post
    I'm liking that camo paint there... yeah... I can see that working well with some dust on it.
    Thinking winter camo, because scratch marks will be less in-your-face. Saw your video about the effect of dust on the Toyota. I'm thinking that's going to be done here, too!

Quote Originally Posted by onetruescooty View Post
    I actually got to see the original HMTV they used for transformers, as well as the Dark Knight Rises HEMTT M1120 at the Oshkosh factory, pretty neat (no phones or photos allowed in the building though :( )

Build is looking great so far, turret is spot on and the window gasket spiffied it up a ton!
    Thanks. And super envious of your visit

Quote Originally Posted by delux View Post
    Terrible movies but an EPIC truck! Are you gonna do an Exo cage thingy too?
    I'm actually a HUGE Transformers fan Unlike Star Wars which started to tank at Jedi, with Michael Bay you know exactly what you're going to get, and he always delivers. Yes, he's no P.T. Anderson or Francis Ford Coppola, but then I go in there knowing that.

And no, there won't be a cage. I think securing it to the cab will be difficult. Also worried that it would look odd without the bull bar, which does bad things for an already dreadful approach angle.

Got the battery trays done. Latches are secured with magnets, and the rear lower links are 7mm longer to straighten up the shocks and give a little more clearance between the tires|tyres [delete as appropriate] and the fuel tanks. Could do with 3mm more but time.

The battery trays are not quite as neat as the ones on the Ford F15a, but these were done in two nights as opposed to the 3 or 4 days in the Ford's.

That leaves mounting the cab and bed, which will happen tomorrow afternoon. It's nowhere near finished, but will at least be running for Sunday's meet with the London crowd. Weather looks promising, so hoping for some decent photos.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast