sbg  

RPP Roll out of Summer 2018
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ::Gagak Rimang:: SKUNKWORKS - RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Here are some pictures while out trailing last Saturday.

Skunkworks is a stock RTR and I haven't waterproof the electronics, but when I saw a small stream (it was about 1/4 of my tyres deep), I couldn't resist but to go through it.

I am still waiting for my parts to arrive. This time it takes longer than usual. So my progress is stalled until they arrive.

Video will be out soon!

Here is a video from last Saturday to keep you entertained while I wait for my parts to arrive.

For those of you who are wondering, she is still alive after this video!

Mail day is always a great day!

I ordered a new back bed, Gelande Shock Hoops and 3k & 5k diff oil as recommended by new2rocks.

First off, I filled one of the shocks with 5k diff fluid and fixed it to the top hole of the G2 Hoops and the rear of the axle.

The stock shocks seem to be holding oil well and the G2 Hoops make a world of a difference for the travel.

However, the angle of the shocks look funny. Is that how it's suppose to be?

Originally, it looks like this:

This is how it looks like now:

I'm holding off to do the other side until I confirm that this is how it looks like.

Can someone who has fixed the shocks to the rear of the axle confirm this?

So I figured while I wait for my order to arrive, I thought I'd share the tools I use to work on my truck.

After doing some research, I went ahead and ordered the MIPs.

I have been using them for about a month now and not once have I stripped a screw!

For those of you who are in the fence, bite the bullet and go for it. No regrets!

Note: I am not in anyway sponsored or paid by MIP for this post. The tools in this photo are 100% purchased by me.

Back with another small update.

So my order finally arrived.

This time, I'm striking off the 'body protection' bit off my list.

I first took them off the packaging and inspecting them for any defects, and I found one small part missing.

Sure it maybe something small and minor, but this front bumper ain't exactly what you would call 'cheap'.

Sent RC4WD a quick email, and they replied promptly stating they will check with their warehouse for a replacement part. Kudos for good customer service!

Meanwhile, in other news, I have decided to make the current body that you see in previous posts my experimental body to practice on weathering and stuff like that. A Guinea pig.

I've been hard at work trying to make a good finish on the main body.

That's all for now, will update with pics one I have the bumpers installed!

For those who have been following SKUNKWORKS and my learning journey, I thank you so much! Do give a reply here so I now that you awesome guys are reading!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Your shocks are angled backwards and that's not going to be good for performance. They should be screwed in through the other end and thread locked, not a locknut.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Your shocks are angled backwards and that's not going to be good for performance. They should be screwed in through the other end and thread locked, not a locknut.
    Thanks for the feedback. Since the posts above I have corrected my shock angle but I failed to update here.

Here's a little taste of things to come.

As from the previous post, this is a full 'aerial' view of the rust I did on the back cab.

The front and rear bumpers have been installed too. I particularly love the minimalist look of the sliders and bumpers.

Lights were installed. I used the Tamiya White Halogen leds to mimic an authentic 80s look.

This is Amanda's first time meeting Skunkworks. She'll be the driver as soon as I have the interior done.

Here are some pics I have taken while bringing Skunkworks out for trails in different surfaces: Tarmac, Soil and Grass.

Notice how minimalistic the rear bumper looks? I love it!

Moving forward, I have decided to convert to a fully linked setup with 90mm King Shocks front and rear. Progress is stalled because it seems that they have run out of stock on the items.

Here is a 3 month look ahead plan:
    1) Suspension upgrade
    2) Wheel and tires upgrade
    3) Full body change

I have decided that the current body will be replaced sometime in August.

In other news, currently I have a baby girl which is due anytime now! I am going to be an excited father of a 3 year old son and now a daughter. I come from of a family where all my parents kids are boys so it should be interesting having a baby girl in the house.

That is the reason for the 3 month look ahead. Gotta plan them finances yo!

Till then, Gagak Rimang out!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast