sbg  

CKRC
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Hooked by the "Quicksand"!

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Like.

Tell me more about this problem with the gearing.
    Sure, and thanks for asking. So the 1:1 has 37" rear and 32" tall fronts, to replicate that in 1:10 scale I used 1.7 rear and 1.55 front tires. With no load, motor(s) - I am on the third motor - run fine, very little over-temp on the motor- not reving excessivly of course. When under load, running on a hard surface, it acts like it's in a bind and the axles are fighting each other. I spoke to John from RC4WD (which was cool as he was just with the real Quicksand not long ago) while at the KNKTTC4 event regarding ring and pinion options for the T-Rex axles and there are none. It looks like one option is to swap axles for ones I can over/under drive to get the stagger to work. Or, and I hate this option, use 1.7's up front, then I loose "style" points! Am open to any ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
    Sure, and thanks for asking. So the 1:1 has 37" rear and 32" tall fronts, to replicate that in 1:10 scale I used 1.7 rear and 1.55 front tires. With no load, motor(s) - I am on the third motor - run fine, very little over-temp on the motor- not reving excessivly of course. When under load, running on a hard surface, it acts like it's in a bind and the axles are fighting each other. I spoke to John from RC4WD (which was cool as he was just with the real Quicksand not long ago) while at the KNKTTC4 event regarding ring and pinion options for the T-Rex axles and there are none. It looks like one option is to swap axles for ones I can over/under drive to get the stagger to work. Or, and I hate this option, use 1.7's up front, then I loose "style" points! Am open to any ideas!
    Why not change the gearing in the transfer case? In fact, speak to Chris over at GCM, I bet that if you give him the right math, he could probably build you something. That's what I was fighting with the Trank, and knowing what the rollout difference was between the two axles gave me all the math I'd need to figure it out.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

That is a great idea, I will reach out to him. Thanks!

Stunned by this. A quick but detailed build.lots of skill

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    Stunned by this. A quick but detailed build.lots of skill
    Thank you cooper!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910