sbg  

RPP Accessories 2018

Thread: Painting question

Default Painting question

Good evening, I'm about to spray a couple bodies I have and this is the first time having to add light housings and lenses.*

All my other Rc's are basher monster trucks and SCT trucks, so its not my first time painting lexan, its just my first time having to cut in lights. Should I wait to paint after I cut out the housings or before? I'm really trying to take my time on this body and do not want to make it look half assed. The paint I use is the flexible lexan paint so I hope it doesnt chip. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

*Side note* My first KIT crawler Scx10 ii, I had cut out the grille prior to painting and it got a little overspray, I could have masked it off but didnt. The scx10 before this one was bought used and prepainted (sold) and the twinhammers came with an rtr prepainted body. I didnt add lighthousings to those either.

I like to trim all things like light buckets, body holes, windows, whatever before painting. It's a lost easier to see where you need to cut before it's been covered in paint.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

I trim everything before as well. But I've seen plenty trim after paint too. Just a personal preference thing. End result is usually the same.
    SBG Junior Vice President RC4WDCASTLEGCM

Thankyou both. I'll hack first and ask questions later... oh wait.. its already too late for that. Already asked.