sbg  

CKRC
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: M548 tracked vehicle - Cooper

well, i didn't gave up on this,life's took a hit and with it,my mood to build . But promise you that this thread will not be one of those dead end projects. You saw the suspension,right? it's getting there.

In the meanwhile, tried to print the rubber for the windows

It's rubber,alright:

taped to the window frame:

Nice touch on the window rubber... Sometimes just making a little progress keeps you from loosing steam.

You almost have it! Great details.

I' m sure this will be an awesome project.

Quote Originally Posted by Small Factory View Post
    Nice touch on the window rubber... Sometimes just making a little progress keeps you from loosing steam.
    Yes,totally right. I like to work with no deadline. Allows to think twice on every solution

Quote Originally Posted by iceman88 View Post
    You almost have it! Great details.

I' m sure this will be an awesome project.
    Thanks, there's a couple important things to do. My priority it's seeing it running and I'm closer to that. Figured how to do the suspension for the first pair of wheels.

But for now, not a great update but well...Did a quick mockup with it sitting at the correct height and the tracks:

And this 2 videos of the suspension working on the new springs. Think that's the ones!!

Bonus pic,next to a 2dr JK:

Yeaah!! It looks awesome I think you finally got the right springs. I' m not sure if I found them. We will see

Post some images when you have set up the electronics. I'm not sure If I have it clear

Keep on keep on!! I want to see it running!!

Hi!

Things moving slowly but steady. I'm working on the last road wheels. These ones have a different suspension setup than the other ones. Settled on a simple design. A pivot bolted to the chassis where the arm rotates(ball bearings) and a shock. The 1:1 also has a shock on the first arm, assisting the torsion bar, so this it's not unrealistic

Mock-up:

Not happy with this shock so I've made my one:

It's an axial one, gone from 93mm to 62mm,53mm compressed and 71mm extended. Shorter shaft and a "cap" hidding it to look more scale. On the next post, I'll show them mounted and a video of it working

The shock scale seems perfect. I wonder if it is functional or is just an adorn. Anyway, it looks great

The shock mounted on the first photo, it's not the same of the 2nd.

The definitive shock, working. Not much travel but fully functional with 2 springs and oil

Who wants to see one side mounted and working?

Meeee!!!!!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast