sbg  

GCM Banner
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: M548 tracked vehicle - Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by iceman88 View Post
    Woooooow!! Awesome!!! You read my mind. The colours are great and the accessory for the gun box is perfect. Well done!!!
    There was nothing wrong with the ammo box you've provided with the drawing. I only wanted to complicate a bit and add my own touch. Had some aluminium tooling foil and a ammo belt from a action figure, so why not?

Of course, painted looks a lot better...

Moving to the wheels, started to bolt the hubs

...11 wheels to go....

What do you guys think?

Hi guys!

I halted the work on this truck but it's not forgotten. I'm giving more attention to the Unimog because this one already moves and the work left it's cosmetic mostly

Speaking of moving, upgraded one thing. I was limited to only one of my radios because of the mixing needed to make the truck move. But I also need that radio for the JK so instead of buying another receiver I risked it for a solution 10 times cheaper:Ordered an Hobbywing V-tail mixer.

Should have done that ages ago. Simply connect the plugs and it's ready. The crappy weather allowed indoor testing only but responds well and didn't fail untill now

Too much time without updates

First, the brief test after got the v-tail mixer:

And this is being silly on sand leftovers from house renovation s. It's running on 3s:

Very cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snapon12 View Post
    Very cool
    Thanks!

Although they're the same scale, seems that the M548 has been hitting the gym :)

Short and raw video of it on the beach

At the moment, the truck is waiting for parts,stripped a gear in one of the gearboxes. In the meantime, did a accessory for Bishop:

Put the epoxy putty on his head to do the rough shape:

Closer to the final shape:

Ear pieces and mic:

Painted:

The truck it's still broke so I did a simple thing that should have done long time ago: Glue the cushions for the seats

and begin to plan the new,stronger gearboxes

Always good to see some progress on this...

Thing.
    SBG OWNER YOUTUBE AXIAL AMBASSADOR GCM TEAM DRIVER VANQUISH KNIGHT CUSTOMS TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
    Always good to see some progress on this...

Thing.
    Yes, life don't give me much opportunity to work on this but is going. Still not pretty, though

A friend gave me a scale CB radio from Shapeways for my Unimog. The thing is that I never mounted it and it sat for a while in the shelf. But the M548 it's also perfect for it. So, I've finished it.

The radio was painted black, including inside with nail laquer for the light don't bleed out(more on that later)

Need the mic so I did a quick one on PVC, the round part was achieved pressing a bearing against the pvc. The rest was dremel and sanding

Some thin cable wrapped around a wire could make a scale spiral cable?

I think so:

All assembled:

So, there's a LED behind and drilled 1mm holes on the front for the light pass through. In place:

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast