sbg  

RPP 2
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: M548 tracked vehicle - Cooper

Great Job Cooper. The road wheels are very similar to mine.

I would like to warn you about something. I don't know if you have already had this problem but yesterday, I finally finished the track and I tested it. It worked pretty good. The sproket fits almost perfectly with the track gaps but it doesn't run smoothly. The track teeth got stuck in the first road wheel and in the tension wheel (the last one). You can see it in the photos:

I'm looking for some solution. I've though about making some chamfers in order to make easier for the tooth to fit inside the road wheel and the tension wheel. Something like this:

I am printing it at the moment. As soon as I test it I would let you know. This is the actual aspect of my M548.

Hope it could help you to avoid problems. I am testing lot of things and thinking about some "plan B" designs because I'm afraid that some parts won't work properly... or maybe yes, but I better be prepared

Regards!

Thanks... I also don't have chamfers on the tension. Have small ones on the road wheels and extra clearance. I'll be looking at that and hoping it works the 1st time(i know it won't :))

Your's looking great. The difficult part is almost done!

Well, I've already tested the new design with chamfers in the tension wheel. It seems to work very good. It still doesn't move smoothly but it has improved and the track do not get stucked in the tension wheel any more. Now I'm printing the roar wheel with the chamfers and the print finishes in 45 minutes

As soon as I test it I will send some photos and videos.

Nice! Eager to see the truck moving! I knew you would beat me :)

More small stuff :

The rope handles exist on the 1:1 not sure on ,the fire extinguisher but seemed a nice touch

I won't say I have beat you

You have all the parts almost done and I just have printed half of the chassis. I don't even have the body started and I don't know if the entire assembly will work properly. Maybe in 2-3 months...

Well, what is promised is due. Here are the videos. A bit rough but it is enough to see how it runs.

As you can see although in the first test it seems that everything is ok, in the second one, the road wheels get stuck in the chain and they jump. It seems that using chamfers on the grooves works pretty good but I'm afraid I'll have to re-print all the road wheels

I really like the fire extinguisher. You have also been very careful on every body detail and the results are awesome. Keep on working, you almost have it!!! Nice work partner.

wow...seems to have lots of traction with only one set of tracks.nicely done. Hope my wheels work alright,re print them would envolve more money and time

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415