sbg  

RPP HPI
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: M548 tracked vehicle - Cooper

Long story short: Needed some shop time to do the parts for the tension wheels, only had time to do one for this weekend. Atleast, my objective of try the tension wheel system was acomplished. First, some pics:

Now, the truck dealing with an obstacle:

I think i shouldn't do this with 1 track only but the anxiety was huge! The reason I went reverse only was that the track slips when going forward. Think i need the shorten the track and put more tension on the tension wheel system. All easy things to do so I'm very very happy with this outcome!!!

Love it!!

I have questions. Which batteries are you going to use? (how many mAh) I'm affraid this vehicles need much more energy than an rc car of the same scale. The other question is how do you adjust the track tension? I have an spring at the last wheel which can be modified but I still have some problems when the M548 goes backwards.

Great work! It looks awesome even with just one track!

Thank you!

My first idea was using 1 battery for each esc but because i don't have 2 matching batteries, I went for a Y harness that allows 1 battery to 2 ESC. I'll use a 6000mah 2s bat 100c.that should be enough. The 55t don't draw much. I don't plan to do long trail runs. Something will break first :)

About the tension system, mine it's fairly simple and was the only thing i did not resembling the 1:1,because it was hard to replicate.

It consists on a "lever", similar to the suspension arms, rotating on a pivot and with a shock pushing outward.

Putting different springs inside of the shock, adjusts the tension

Here's a video :

Perfect. It is clear. I'm using the same system and I'm now trying different spring lengths. I asked you about the batteries because I did some test with 2200 mAh 2S 40C (conected to both esc using a Y harness) and the voltage drop from 8,2V to 7,8V in... 10 minutes? We have made such real M548s that they even have the same fuel consumption as the 1/1 scale

I'm thinking about buying something like this:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-57...ddle-pack.html

That should be enough

Ahaha... Limited range

Those batteries have a low C rating. I think you should go for a higher C because you're running twin motor/esc and that strains the battery.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718